Ch 51.) The Unimaginable

After having little Adrienne Rachel Jefferson. I decided that we needed some time in Virginia...In Monticello. It had been about four years since then.
I had decided to leave Adrienne with Martha Washington and Dolly Madison so I could surprise Thomas with some much needed alone time.
Opened the double doors and slid my cloak off my shoulders, spinning giddily around the halls as I made my way to the master bedroom/Office.
I grabbed the new rose vase off the table on my way, thinking it could be a nice addition of brightness to Thomas' office.
I screamed and dropped the vase at the scene unfolding in front of me.
Thomas and some nameless woman were embraced in a kiss.
My heart shaking my chest as they froze and jolted apart, noticing me.
I saw Thomas' mouth move forming my name, but I couldn't heart over the blood rushing in my ears.
I took a step backwards shaking my head as Thomas stood, struggling to fix his shirt, as I moved to leave the manor.
"Wait Giovanna," I heard as he gripped my wrist.
I spun and threw my fist catching his Jaw on the upswing.
"Do not touch me," I hissed, Venom dripping from every syllable. "Touch me again Jefferson and I shall not be as kind,"
"Gia-"
"Only people who love me can call me that," I interpreted.
"It isn't what you think-"
"Isn't what I think! You seduce me with pretty words and charming smiles. I gave up everything for you. My family, My Job, I gave it up to move here and have a life as a wife and mother. Because I love you. And this is what I get? I come home to you and another woman, In our bed!" I shook my head, trying to clear the tears from my vision.
I was stronger than this.
"Goodbye Mister. Jefferson," I hissed.
I left Thomas standing on the steps as I unhooked Geisha from the carriage and hoisted myself onto her back. I clicked my tongue, snapping the reins and urged her forward as Tears blurred my vision we I weaved through the familiar paths of the woods to get to the cemetery.