Ch 49.) Helpless

I spun Philip around in a circle and faked dropping him, just to hear that adorable giggle of his. Baby Angelica clapping and laughing along with her big brother. They were growing up so fast and it made my heart hurt. I never realized how much I longed for something like this.

"Momma!" Angelica giggled.

I turned and saw Angelica, Thomas and Alexander standing there. I beamed brightly and released my nephew laughing as he plowed into his father.

"Wow. I never thought Id see the day that you two would be standing next to each other without fighting," I teased.

They all just stared at me.

"Um...Guys. Did something happen? IS HERCULES OK!" I gasped, my mind immediately going to the worst possibilities.

"No sweetie, Hercules is ok," Angelica laughed.

Alexander rolled his eyes and shoved Thomas forward, laughing as he stumbled. My frown deepened as Thomas turned and glared at him.

"What is going on," I asked.

"Giovanna, Thomas has something he needs to tell you," Angelica smiled.

He turned his glare to her and then turned to face me, taking a deep breath. I nearly fainted when he dropped to one knee and grasped my hands in his.

"Gia...Giovanna. I just had a civil conversation with your brother and I have spoken with the president. So I'm just going to say it, I want you to marry me." He blurted all in one breath.

"Oh my god. Oh my god." I whispered, Was I beginning to hyperventilate?

Thomas was still staring at me. His eyes fearful and I noticed I hadn't actually answered.

"I...Why...Yes." I whispered, my voice thick, trying to choke back tears.

"Oh thank god," He whispered before pulling me close and spinning me around.

I giggled loudly and kissed him softly.

"I can't believe this is happening." I breathed.

I looked at my brother who was smiling softly at me, gripping Angelica's hand tightly.

"Thank you," I whispered, running over and hugging Alex.

Alex hugged me back even tighter, burying his face in my hair.

"I love you," He whispered.

"I love you!" I replied, kissing his cheek.

"Congratulations sister," Angelica hugged me and then Thomas. "Im so happy for you," She beamed.

"Helpless," I whispered to her.

She laughed breathily.

I spun back around and launched myself at Thomas, my arms wrapping around his neck.

"We're getting married!" I laughed giddily. "I love you,"

"I love you impossibly more,"