Ch. 48.) Jefferson's P.oV

A/N; I am really no good at guys P.O.V but I tried...Ehhhh :)

SIX MONTHS LATER

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door to the Hamilton residence, my hands sweating slightly.
The door opened and I was met with the stern face of Mrs.Hamilton.
Her face morphed into a smile when she realized it was only me.
"Thomas, come in!" She said, opening the door and brought me into a gentle hug. "I'm assuming you're here for my lovely sister in law." She teased lightly as we headed towards the living room.
I looked in and saw Giovanna giggling as she played with the Hamilton's newest baby Angelica and the oldest Philip, who I knew she adored more than anything.
I smiled softly lost in thought as i watched them.
"She's going to be a great mother," Angelica sighed wistfully.
"I know she is," I laughed softly. "But i'm afraid Mrs. Hamilton. I haven't come to speak with Giovanna. I'm here to speak with your husband,"
"Ahh, A work related visit," She rolled her eyes.
"I'm afraid not. You're more than welcome to sit in on this meeting. I would actually prefer you in my corner," I chuckled.
Her eyes lit up as she processed my words and she all but dragged me towards Hamilton's office.
"Alexander! Mr.Jefferson is here!" She called, opening the door without fanfare.
"Jefferson, I believe my sister is downstairs," He said without looking up from his writing.
"Im afraid im disappointing us both when i say i'm here to speak with you," I said, wiping my hands down my pants uncomfortably.
He looked up and raised his brow at me before going back to scribbling.
"Hamilton. This is important," I hissed.
He continued to ignore me.
"Alexander my love. Please," Angelica spoke softly and placed her hand on top of his.
He looked up at her and sighed, motioning for me to sit.
"Alexander. I have already spoken to The president, he says that I make her happy and I hope I do...and now all I have to ask is you. I wish to marry your sister. And I know that we hate each other but it doesn't because I care about Giovanna. Hamilton Im asking you just this once not to fight with me about this," I said.
He was silent and I was terrified the answer would be no. I know that Giovanna would never think about saying yes if I asked her without his blessing.
"Alexander, before you answer, please just think about your sister and how happy she is," Angelica said softly.
"Jefferson...Are you sure you want me as your brother in law."
I froze and looked at him.
"W-was that a joke Hamilton. Are you seriously joking with me? Me of all people" I laughed.
"I think I could tolerate you outside the office Thomas. As long as you promise to take care of Gia: He said walking around his desk and shaking my hand.
"You have no Idea how grateful I am Alexander" I sighed, my shoulders sagging slightly.
"Inside the office is a different story. I'm still going to cream you in every debate" He smirked.
"You wish Presidents pet,"