Connor Stoll 2.0

You throw yourself across the border and scurry away from the edge and the minotaur. Bellowing in rage, it repeatedly rams itself against the invisible border, which would illuminate in a silver glow upon each impact. You lie motionless on the grass which was soaked from your blood, terrified and wounded. In the distance, you hear some bells ring and several campers dash to your aid. They pull you away from the raging minotaur and one of them hovers over you. His mopy chestnut brown hair hung over his diamond eyes as he inspected your wound.

Without turning his attention away from you, he orders, "I'm no Apollo child, but even I can tell this is bad. Get the stretcher." However, all of them remain frozen in place, gaping at your wound. In the distance, you hear distant sounds of battle between the campers and the minotaur. It fades away as your vision blurs.

"Now!" The boy shouts and the campers flinch, obviously not used to being shouted at by him. Scurrying away, they leave you alone with the boy who introduces himself as Connor Stoll. He tries to lighten the situation by cracking a few half-hearted jokes but in the end, trails off when he looks at you gashing wound. The minotaur had struck you unexpectedly and his horn sliced cleanly through your side. You ran for the first place that you knew could help lost demigods. Camp Half Blood.

The campers returned with the stretcher and they gently lifted you onto it. Before the darkness claimed you, you heard the dying wail of the minotaur and felt Connor squeeze your hand, murmuring under his breath, "It's gonna be alright, angel."

Several days later, you awoke from you nightmare-filled slumber and sat upright, but the dull ache in your sides made your head spin. Clutching your head, you waited for the purple spots dancing across your vision to fade away, before scanning the room. You seemed to be in some sort of a sick bay, with campers, you assume Apollo children, tending over others and you. You recognised the ambrosia and nectar lying beside you and surprisingly, Connor.

"Sleeping Beauty's finally awake," he remarked, a smug grin tugging at the side of his lips. It looked strange on his otherwise pale and tired face. Did he accompany you while you were out cold? He explained to you your critical condition but you refused to stay in the sick bay any longer. Connor tried to protest, but you raised your hand.

"I'm not some kind of damsel, Connor. I don't want to be seen as that demigod who just laid helpless on the ground, bleeding to death, only to be saved and continue to lay on a bed, sleeping," You explained indignantly. You felt your side, which was still ultra tender and sore, but refused to continue to stay in a sick bay. You were not a damsel in distress, you were (y/n), a demigod who survived being out in the streets alone for years.

Connor sighed and slapped his hands onto his thighs. Shrugging, he said, "Well, at least I tried." As you weren't claimed yet, you had to stay in Hermes' cabin, which was coincidentally, where Connor slept. You hopped off the bed but underestimated your wound which screamed in protest. Gasping, you lost your balance and fell sideways. Luckily, Connor caught you with ease and gracefully, and literally, swept you off your feet.

You looked up at him, raising your eyebrows, and teased, "Oh, my hero!" He attempted to hide his blushing cheeks as he brushed off the comment, and declared, "Anything for mine princess!" Rolling your eyes, you allowed him to carry you to the Hermes' cabin and entering it, you saw demigods of all ages running around and chattering. A few of them teased Connor of his new girlfriend, which was aka You, and although he brushed it off like it was nothing, you could tell he was thoroughly shy.

"Thanks," you muttered as he carefully placed you on your new bed, a sleeping bag on the cold hard ground. Eyes widening, his face displayed mock shock as he placed his hand over his heart and wondered aloud, "(Y/n) thanked me! Why, it's my lucky day!" Grinning, you punched him on his arm and chuckled. "Shut up."

"Well, we missed dinner and campfire. So I guess, it's night night now," Connor yawned, stretching his fingertips to the ceiling. You smiled as you shifted around on your sleeping bag, but winced audibly when your side brushed against the hard floor. You ignored it but Connor didn't. You could feel his hard stare on your back and when he slid his hands under your body to carry you again, you weren't surprised.

In silence, he brought you to his bed and laid you on it. The softness of the mattress surprised and soothed you. You gratefully accepted it. He shuffled to your sleeping bag and placed it next to his bed. Sliding into it, the both of you drifted into slumber quietly, with each other on each other's minds.

Over the course of the next few days, you remained incapacitated in Connor's bed, which meant he had to nurse your stubborn being back to health. Your friendship grew rapidly and it was the new talk of the town. Connor had been reserved and not his usual mischievous self after the war with Gaea but you had helped him return to his normal self. The both of you grew really close.

One night, before you drifted off into sleep, you called him, "Connor?" He shifted in his sleeping bag and turned to face you.

"Yes, (y/n)? Do you need anything? A bedtime story?" He joked, but concern flickered in his eyes.

"I'll like to ask you a question."

"Shoot away." You recalled the night you had abruptly entered Camp Half Blood and how Connor was beside you when you woke up. Playing with the edge of the blanket, you questioned, "Did you stay beside me the entire time I was out?"

Silence.

"Yes." A small smile formed on your face and a quiet "thank you" escaped your lips. You heard the smile in his "no problem" too. Before you could turn around to adjust your position, you noticed for the first time how uncomfortable Connor looked in his tiny sleeping bag. He was a pretty tall dude and for him to cramp in a tiny sleeping bag beside a bunch of people, it must be incredibly uncomfortable for him.

Hesitantly, you called for him again. He opened his eyes and looked up at you with his stunning blue eyes. You shuffled to the edge of the bed and patted the empty space.

"Come up here, Connor." You've never seen him jump up so fast. And that was for a thief. He slid into bed with you and your bodies pressed against each other comfortably, like the both of you were physically made for each other. He played with your hair, while you traced his collar bones with the tip of your finger. You fell asleep, noses rubbed against each other and foreheads pressing into each other.

When you woke up that morning, Connor's arms wrapped around you gently but protectively. You nuzzled closer to him and pressed your cheek against his. You couldn't have been happier. Until Travis spoke, a massive grin plastered on his face.

"Oh my gods."

<A/N> Holy gods. This was too fluffy not to write. Sorry for not uploading recently. Homework has descended upon me like an avalanche but I had to write this.