Connor 2.0 // pt.2

A continuation of Connor 2.0, since it has been so largely requested!

"Out! Out, you effing pervert!" Connor shrieked, gesticulating wildly with his hands, except he said what 'effing' stood for. Travis doubled over in laughter but was cut off abruptly when Connor kicked him in the butt and slammed the door shut in his face. "Hey!"

A broad smile stretched across your face as you watched the brothers, and it didn't hurt so much to laugh now that your side was almost healed. He rubbed the back of his neck embarrassedly and a strong blush touched his nose and ears. He managed to mutter out, "Sorry, he's just... silly." He wrapped his arm around your waist tenderly and careful of your wound, and helped you up. Most of the campers were gone exceptionally for some reason or another and when you asked for the reason, Connor smirked and said, "You'll see soon enough."

Changing out of your clothes, you couldn't help but pause and stare (or gap, you couldn't remember) when Connor slipped his shirt off, revealing his bare chest, sculpted and defined under the golden daylight. You looked away, before he could catch you, and took a breath to calm yourself. A very deep breath. You turned away and tried to pull the shirt off, but grimaced when your side groaned in protest. You pursed your lip and continued to try and raise your arms, but eyes widened indescribably wide when a pair of hands pulled the shirt over your head. You whipped around to see Connor reaching for your camp shirt, smiling slightly at your exposed top. Silently, he helped you to put on your shirt and brushed off the imaginary dust on your shoulder.

"Thanks," you whispered. He pressed a light kiss to your forehead and a wide smile stretched across his face. Squeezing your hand, he left the cabin with a short, "Gotta go. See you later," and the door shut with a click. You sighed a little dreamily, but with a tinge of disappointment he couldn't accompany you for the day. Pulling on your pants carefully, one leg at a time, you managed to zip your pants up in time before Travis burst into the cabin. You screamed, but he shrieked louder, much to you amusement. He shielded his eyes frantically, spinning around so fast he stubbed his toe, and shrieked louder again. "Travis!"

"I'm- I'm so sorry! I- I didn't- didn't know you were changing!" He turned around, slowly this time, peeking through the cracks of his fingers, once you told him you were done. He begged, "Please don't tell my brother what happened. He might actually kill me." You scoffed but stopped when his face dropped, dead serious. "I'm not kidding." You tidied up the bed, and asked, "What are you here for?"

He walked forwards, hands shoved in his pockets, and his resemblance to Connor struck you. "Connor's busy for the day, so... You wanna hang? I can show you around, there's a special carnival today too." You brightened up instantly, happy that someone was not going to baby you. Sharing a high-five, Travis whooped as he pulled you out of the cabin into the sun.

——

"It's Mascot Dress-up day today, to mark the defeat of Gaea." Travis remarked, licking his ice-cream happily as the both of you sat on the top of the stairs. The thought of seeing the campers dress up tickled you, knowing how crazy they could be, so you pulled him up and asked him to lead the way. Upon arriving, your jaw fell as you were greeted by all the incredible and interesting designs, with the Hephaestus cabin taking the lead with all sorts of nicks and nacks, and the Athena and Nike cabin yelling at each other over something, and Aphrodite cabin adorning Gaea's head with makeup and then viciously stabbing it. It was magnificent.

"Let's find Connor. I reckon he's in one of the stupid heads." Travis ran ahead, yelling Connor's name and tripping Leo in his mascot head too big for his small figure. You helped Leo up as he swore, "Watch it, Stoll!" He asked you the normal questions, "How are you feeling? Glad you're alright.", before bidding you farewell and attending to his mascot design. You were drawn to a tiny girl staring up at the heads, with boggling eyes. Unable to find Travis, you abandoned him and accompanied the tiny girl, whose name was Elspeth, through the crowd. You liked to feel responsible for little children, especially tiny demigods.

She screamed and you bent down instantly to console her, stretching your wound uncomfortably. Ignoring the dull pain, you asked her what's wrong, wiping away the hair stuck to her tear-stained cheeks. She pointed at a horribly designed decapitated Gaea mascot, and you gulped. You could understand why. It was a terrible design. You hugged her, patting her back to calm her down, and she almost did, until the mascot started to rush towards you. You could hear the faint words of "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you cry! Are you okay?"

You might have recognised the voice if it weren't for the giant heavy mascot to trip and fall towards you. You shoved Elspeth out of the way, and only managed to catch a glance of her shocked face before the weight crushed you. The four-letter curse tore from your throat as your side ignited into flames, agony gnawing at you. The unknown mascot scrambled off, perhaps in terror of your sailor language or concern that you were in actual pain, and you rolled around on the dirt, groaning and trying to move your focus to other things. The pain was unbearable and was like a blunt blade embedded into your side, but thankfully the wound didn't open.

"(Y/n)?" The mascot removes its head to reveal sweat Connor, hair laced with glittering beads of sweat and blue eyes soft and yet sharp at the same time with worry. You tried to spit out some sarcastic remark but the situation made you crack. Laughter heaved your shoulders, and you shuddered with giggles, tears of pain and disbelief falling down your cheek. It was like hitting your funny bone. Except with your boyfriend falling onto your wound from a minotaur. A little hard to imagine, but it's the same difference. Connor cradled your body, his face showing his feeling of a complete mess, his lips half stretched in a smile and twisted with concern. "I'm so so sorry. Gods, I'm such an idiot! I made a little girl cry-" He threw a very apologetic smile at Elspeth, who looked at both of you in shock. "and I fell on you. On your freaking wound. How can I ever make it up to you-"

You yanked his head down, immersing yourself in his lips. The pain melted away, and you smiled as Connor pressed down harder, his strong hands caressing your neck. You heard Leo yell humorously, "Get a room!", and then followed by a slap on his shoulder and Calypso countering, "Shut up, they're so cute.". You pulled away breathless, unable to believe you were really being supported by the love of your life... In a mascot suit.

"You- You're good with children," Connor commented and you raised your eyebrows suggestively. Connor widened his eyes and stammered, "I didn't mean it like that, (y/n)! I'm just saying, you- You would be a great sister. Mother. Not that you aren't. You're a good person. Great person. Best I've ever met." Connor searched your eyes, clearly flustered, trying to figure out what you were thinking. He was in such an utter state of a meltdown, and he was just so perfect, and you dared yourself to stutter, "I... I love you, Connor."

"I love you, (y/n)."

Elspeth flashed you a thumbs up and you grinned widely. He pulled you up tenderly for a hug, and his very presence completed your missing half, submerged you into the very existence of love, intoxicated you with the acidity of passion. You never wanted to go away. You would trade your soul to live this moment forever. Of course, until Travis came. Again.

"Gods, I leave you guys alone for a few minutes and this happens?"

Connor chucked Gaea's decapitated head at him and you were proud to say, Travis didn't duck in time and collapsed under the weight.

"You asshole!"

<A/N> Hoped you guys enjoyed this one! If you did, comment your thoughts and thanks for reading and voting! I'm running out of juice for one-shot ideas so if you have any, feel free to request! See you next week :D