Love Triangle (Leo + Nico)

"Most people are lucky to have even one great love in their life. You have found two." -Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Princess

You chatted to Nico as the both of you strolled down to the lake. Lately, he was very nervous around you and you would catch him staring at you, blushing. Of course, it was your other best friend, Leo, who had pointed this out, with his jaw set in a rather grim line. You couldn't help but gulp at what the situation meant. You didn't want to choose between both of your best friends. You almost sighed in relief as Nico cleared his throat, distracting you from your thoughts. Nervously playing with a loose curl in his hair, he let loose a long breath and said, "(Y/n), I've something to tell you."

You widened your eyes and pursed your lips, unsure of where this was heading. He opened his mouth to speak, his eyes full of glowing stars. And how they glowed as he growled at Leo who rudely interrupted, slapping your shoulder and grinning. "What's up, (y/n)? Hot Stuff is here to save you from boring old Nico," Leo winked at Nico, who reddened profusely and snapped irritatedly, "Back off, Hot Stuff. I was going to tell her something before I was so rudely interrupted by you." Leo tightened his grip on your shoulder but it was only barely noticeable. He held a steel gaze with Nico as he said, "Well, at least you acknowledge I'm hot stuff. I mean, c'mon, it's illegal to be hotter than me." Nico scoffed and touched your hand lightly as he shot back, "Well then, I guess everybody's going to jail."

You guffawed, failing to notice the smirk Nico sent to Leo, who narrowed his eyes in return. You wriggled out of both their grips and flung your arms around their shoulders, pulling both of them in close. You squished their face against yours and you rolled your eyes in amusement as you felt heat crawl into their cheeks. "C'mon, can't we all just get along?"

Leo choked and yelped ludicrously, pointing at Nico, "He just insulted me and refused to acknowledge my charms! And you want me to be friends with him?" Nico raised his eyebrows and crossed his arms, swinging his hips to the side in a very sassy manner. "You want me to be friends with that whiny narcissist? Honestly, (y/n), please ignore him. He might lower your IQ to his level." Leo faked shock and gasped audibly. He grabbed your shoulders and shook you roughly, so much that you felt like your smile was going to fall off your face. Ignoring the death glares from Nico, he leaned in and whispered earnestly, "Please (y/n), I've something to tell you too. You're so, so important to me, and you deserve to know the secret I've been keeping from you." You looked up, glancing at his warm brown eyes and all the genuine love and worry pouring from them. Your eyes were torn away from his face as Nico grabbed your hand tenderly. You turned to look at his stark black hair hanging in front of his eyes against his pale skin. What different differences. Fire and Ice. He murmured, voice on the verge of cracking, "(Y/n), please. Don't let him take you away from me. You're a wise girl, you know what I mean to tell you."

You pulled away from the both of them, thankful for the crisp fresh air. You refused to stare at either of them, and refusing to believe the words that were uttered from both their mouths.

"I love you."

You also refused to how quickly the moment passed, for Nico hollered at Leo. "You useless white crayon!" Leo quickly recovered and shrieked, "You snake mittens!" You bit your lip to try and keep your cool, but honestly, hearing the two of them argue, was like watching two 5 year-olds try and insult each other without cursing. Except one was about 90 years old and the other behaved like a 5 year-old all the time.

"Piece of cotton cabbage!"

"Stained white shirt!"

"What, you egg?"

"Slimy toad!"

They screeched at each other and before they could involve anything more than words (they were both pretty excellent in combat), you stepped between them. Putting yours hands on their chest, you screamed, "I choose..!" They quietened down and listened, panting heavily. "I choose..."

"I choose myself."

Silence.

"Well, that's actually okay. As long as you love yourself then we are both perfectly fine with that, I should say," Leo spoke, calm and proud. He ran his fingers through his hair, his defensive pose slack. Nico nodded slowly, stepping back to give you space, and continued, " 'We are all the pieces of what we remember. We hold in ourselves the hopes and fears of those who love us. As long as there is love and memory, there is no true loss.' By Cassandra Clare, in a recent book I've read. Well, there's no denying that the both of us will continue to love you and squabble like children, but learn to love yourself first, and take your time. We respect your decision." Nico and Leo turned to you. Yes, you. Reading this Wattpad one-shot. Through a screen and staring at words formed by pixels.

"Love yourself before you learn to love others. That is the step to romance. How can you love other beings when you don't even appreciate your own beautiful existence. Heal yourself, Find yourself, Know yourself, Correct yourself, See yourself, Respect yourself, Be yourself, Love yourself."

<A/N> Morale of the Story :) Anyway, I don't think I'm going to write a Love Triangle AU again, it's difficult choosing one of the characters from PJO/HOO, but making two of them fall madly in love with you and then choosing one of them? ;-; Thanks to Emberly13, I've been tagged in this challenge.

1. I do not live in the U.S., the U.K, or Australia. Go figure ;)

2. I either like the colours black or white. Purple's cool

3. I wear glasses.

4. I'm a moonchild 🌚 , or Cancer, somewhere in the month of July

5. My Hogwarts house is Slytherin, though a combination of two would be Slytherpuff. I know, contradictory

6. I stan two groups in K-Pop. BTS and GOT7, I highly recommend you listen to their songs and I will not apologize if you get sucked deep into the fandom

7. My personality is actually the rarest! INFJ, you can go take a personality quiz if you want and comment your personality :D

8. I'm quite a big activist for gender equality, queer rights, racial equality, and immigrants. Y'know, the whole package.

9. I love Alternative Pop and Chillhop, to Future House and Bass. It really varies and if you share the same taste as me, I can share with you my playlist if you want ;P

10. Korean Indie is also fantastic, I love that too.

11. My favourite (not really, just watch often) include D+P (duH), Jacksepticeye, some BTS accounts and I think that's it..? I don't even know what I do in my spare time nowadays

12. I'd like to be an Author/Film Director when I grow up. I do film short films among my family members and friends, so maybe I can be a great film director next time and film a good PJO/HOO movie.

13. I love space. Space is the best. Not space as in a continuous area or expanse which is free, available, or unoccupied. But more like, the physical universe beyond the earth's atmosphere.

I don't think I'm gonna tag anyone, because I don't have friends, but if you wanna do this challenge, then go ahead! Tell next week :D