Jason 2.0

"Mine!" You called, smacking the volleyball back to the opposite side. Your team let out a whoop as it landed, earning you a point. You smiled and Annabeth gave you a thumbs up. "Nice job, (y/l/n)," She said, clapping you on your shoulder. The opposite team grumbled lightly, but nevertheless, got into their positions. That's the Greek spirit. Then, you noticed Jason stumbling around blindly, deep in thought, squinting his eyes as if searching for something. You didn't know if he knew, but he was heading straight for the court and he was not slowing down or changing directions. "Jason..?" You murmur out the corner of your lips at first, eyes still on the ball, but you could still see he was heading right for the battle zone.

A whistle from Travis and Connor reaches your ears as the ball soars towards Jason, or near your corner. Everything happens in Slow-Mo and you just see travelling towards Jason's oblivious being and because you're a nice person and all -ahem besides the fact that you kinda like him-, you lunge forward. Swinging your arm, you hit the ball out of the way but you trip and falling face-forward. Yelping, you brace yourself for impact but a sturdy pair of arms catch you. You look up, face heated and strands of hair falling in your face, to see Jason gazing down at you, concern marking his face.

"Thanks for saving me for getting hit by a ball," He smiles, setting you upright. "I don't think I could stand getting shipped with a volleyball, especially after what happened with that brick." You roll your eyes and chuckle, replying, "It's fine, after all, you saved him from getting my skull smacked in." He beams but you notice something's wrong. Lightly touching his shoulder, you question, "What's up? Something wrong?"

A bright pink blush creeps into his cheeks and he stutters, clearly embarrass, "Um... I kind of... lost my glasses. Could you help me find them?" Your eyes immediately creep up to the top of his head, where there his pair of glasses innocently laid, absolutely out of Jason's view. You stifle a chuckle and seriously ask, "What's in it for me?" He begins to answer but upon noticing his nervousness, your heart aches a little and you stop him mid sentence. Tippy-toeing to retrieve his glasses, you hand them to him, "Only kidding, Grace." His eyes widen and he bursts into little fits of quiet laughter, occasionally cursing his stupidity. You grin as you watch him, he was so freaking cute.

"Anyway," you casually run your fingers through your hair and nod your head towards the game. "Care to join me for a game?" He shrugs, mutters a 'Why not?" and follows you to your side of the court. Annabeth's eyes slide mockingly suspicious from you to Jason, and because of her knowledge of your crush on him, she wiggles her eyebrows. You raise a fist in sarcasm and turn your attention back to the game. She serves a nice ball, arcing gently over the net, where the opposite team returns with a rather hard spike. You only notice it only after it's too late, Jason and you dive for it and suddenly, in a last minute attempt to slow yourself down, you dig your heels into the sand but it doesn't help.

The both of you crash into each other. He pulls you in instinctively, essentially wrapping you in a bear hug as you collide onto the sand. You didn't yelp this time -because you felt entirely safe in his hands ahem- and with your chests heaving against each other, bodies pressed against each other comfortably, Jason hesitantly remarks, "I would come up with some cheesy line about our situation but I just can't think now." His eyes travel over your eyes, cheeks, collarbones and lingers over lips.

Smirking, you say, "Then don't." He leans forward and presses his warm soft lips to yours lightly and pulls away quickly and politely. You whisper, "Oh, come on," and pull him towards you. Your lips melts into his and the whoops and cheers of the campers surrounding you fade away, leaving just you and him absorbed completely into the contact of your bodies.

When the both of you finally pull away, you can hear the faint laughter of Annabeth and Connor and Travis yelling, "Get a room, you freaks!" You laugh, tears streaming down your face as they throw a ball to Jason, but with a swipe of his finger, he reflects it with a gust of wind and it smacks against Connor and Travis' face.

Jason gets up, and offers a hand. Pulling you up with ease, he helps you dust yourself off and you peck a quick kiss on his nose. "They are easier ways to get a kiss, Grace. Just call 'mine' next time," You say, tucking the loose strands of hair behind your ear.

He points towards you and looks at the other campers with mock menace. "Mine."

<A/N> Hi. School's kinda hectic but I don't think I could ever let you guys down. So here's a one shot for ya. Also question (Not QOTD), who should my next one shot be about? I've the plot planned out but needa guy. So do comment that, as well as your answer to the QOTD :3

QOTD: What year level are you in? Or if you're an oldie (jk pls don't kill me), what do you work as?

AOTD: I'm in Year 9