Leo 5.0

You're a mortal with the Sight.

The crunch of leaves beneath your feet enlightened you. It was the only other sound beside the occasional whisper of the wind and the lonely chirp of an abandoned sparrow. The forest was the first thing you had thought of when you were thrown out of the household. Your parents, all utterly stupid emotionless creatures. To call them human would be an insult to the human race. Drug addicts, alcoholics, fanatical bigots. That sounded more like them. You had made up your mind to run away. Besides, this small town was no place for a special kid like you.

You didn't want to appear special or anything like that, but you had to admit, you were seeing things that nobody else could see, much less comprehend. People with inhuman powers, weird beasts, flying horses. It was crazy. You had to leave. But not without visiting the forest one last time.

You stopped by an oak tree and squinted your eyes. You really wanted to climb it. Grabbing the first branch, you hauled yourself up and suddenly, a force in you just washed over your senses. You instinctively grabbed another branch, brought your foot to another foothold, and kept going. Before you knew it, you were 4 meters up. You felt calmer, the life force of Mother Nature smoothing your frayed nerves.

Until you heard grunting. You stiffened and tilted at the source of the noise. It didn't sound like an animal, more like a human. You paused, was this one of the moments? Where you experience something unnatural. You focused on the figure and your shoulders sagged a little. It was just a boy. You couldn't lie that you were slightly disappointed, but you narrowed your eyes and focused on the little details. Tattered shirt, bruised body, hair matted with blood, greasy wrench. Okay, definitely not normal. You damn well nearly fell of the branch when he jolted awake and his hands lit on fire. Normal was the understatement of the decade.

The fire went out as fast as it came. He looked extremely confused, his elvish features twisting and contorting as he absorbed in his surroundings. His mouth closed and open, you can roughly discern it as, "Where the hell am I?" He touched his body and patted his clothes, touching his hair and gripping the wrench. He stood up shakily and you watched, curiously. Your mouth fell open in an O shape as you realised he was crying. He collapsed against the oak tree and you tightened your grip around the branch you sat on. This was not a stable tree. He started sobbing and pulling his hair frustratedly.

"Why can't I remember?" He punched the tree inhumanly hard and you felt the world collapse sideways. You yelped as you slipped off the branch and landed with a dull thud on the dirt ground below you. You groaned as agony screamed in your back. The boy immediately jumped back and tried to stutter something out. An apology, maybe? You sighed and let your body go limp. You were suddenly so tired.

"Who... Who are you? How did you fall from the sky?" The boy demanded nervously. You glared at him, and upon closer inspection, noticed a few more aspects of him now that you were closer. He looked like Santa's Latino Elf, with curly black hair, dark brown eyes, pointy ears, and a diminutive stature with a slim and relatively scrawny build. You felt that an impish and mischievous grins belonged somewhere on that face, but for now, he looked utterly lost. You grumbled, "You punched the tree and I fell down. Thanks for that." His defensive demeanour dropped and he tried to apologise but you waved it off. Something told you that he was in much more pain than you.

"I'm sorry, it's just that... I don't remember who I am, or where I am, or anything for that matter!" His voice escalated to a small shout towards the end. You stepped back, mildly afraid. He quietened down and looked at his feet, "Do you know anything?" You remembered the fire in his hands. "Well, I just met you for 2 minutes, but you do know that you can control fire, right?" He looked at his own hands and tiny fires danced on his palm.