Percy 5.0

What if Leo hadn't arrived to save the day during the Battle with Gaea?

Grey ash stained the battlefield, blanketing the blood soaked war ground. All around monsters wailed and the sounds of swords and horns collided, nobody was spared with the cries of defeat from either sides. Dead bodies was littered everywhere, mutilated beyond belief. The grounds beneath your feet stirred, as if Gaea wanted to you to be constantly aware of her presence. It was utter chaos. Leo Valdez was set to arrive, but he was nowhere to be seen and the plan had failed. But it didn't stop the Greeks and Romans from fighting.

Yanking your sword out from the demon, you pushed on to the next as the already familiar gold dust clung to your hair which was matted with blood. You could no longer till if it was yours, an enemy or a friends'. Ducking under a pair of incoming claws, you spun around and sliced, a squawk ending abruptly. You heard the distant sounds of the lake crashing onto the shores and battle cries of familiar demigods and monsters. Percy.

Hopping over the fallen columns of the cabins, you dashed to his side, casually kicking in the skull of an oblivious monster. Even from the distance, among the sooty hides of all the demons and monsters, you could feel the strong demigod aura escape his body and the everyday 'shink' of Riptide. You grinned as you noted the countless fallen monsters surrounding him. You called his name as you neared him, and he turned around, pulling his sword out of the swollen belly of a monster you didn't bother recognising.

"(Y/n)!" He replied and on instinct, the both of you assumed a back-to-back position, inching around to get a good go on any monster. "Good to see you're not dead, babes." You snorted, emptying the organs of a nearby demon. You blew the falling strands of hair dangling in front of your eyes away and retorted, "I told you not to call me that." He laughed, despite himself and all his genuine concern and worry for your safety, and silently continued. It's like the herd didn't stop coming, whenever one fell, three came into its place, nearly like a Hydra.

You could feel Percy's skin, glistened with sweat, against yours, his shirt ripped to shreds and so was yours. You were surprised to feel calm and comforted, even in the atrocity of the situation. Percy was behind you, you could feel it, alive and still kicking, and as long he was there, you were fine. Needless to say, he felt immensely grateful that you were still by his side. As long as you were alive, everything in this world was fine. He dared to look back at you and everything faded away, it was just you in the swirling mass of whatever the heck it was. You looked fine as hell, even though your face was covered with soot and blood, and the way you moved with such grace and eloquence, Percy admired and loved you from the tip of his blade to the hooves of Blackjack. He never wanted you to leave him.

You only noticed it just as it happened. Percy, dazed, had his sword hanging limply and a Giant came barrelling through the crowds. It knocked his sword aside and you leaped forward, yelling and slashing your sword widely. He stumbled back, a stupid blank expression on its face as golden liquid streamed from the deep wounds.

It shot out faster than you could've anticipated. A large arm sent you flying backwards and agony flared in your face. Percy caught you, his arms looping under your arms. You caught a quick glance at him before the Giant bellowed and advanced forward. It picked up Riptide, the Celestial Bronze gleaming maliciously under the harsh sun light. You gently pushed Percy aside, confident you could handle yourself but as you reached for your sword in its sheath, you patted nothing. It laid a few meters away, on the ground. Grabbing your shoulders, Percy turned you around and crashed his lips into yours momentarily. He pushed you away at the last moment, and before you knew what had happened, he grunted slightly as his very own blade entered his body.

You didn't know if you screamed but you vaguely remembered the Giant being swathed with thick vines with poisonous thorns. There was nothing else of it has it was dragged beneath the moving ground. You staggered to Percy's side, sobbing as you tried your best to gently remove the sword sticking out from his guts. He touched his wound for a moment, stunned, and raised his limp hand and clutched yours, which held his face.