Connor 7.0 // The Beginning of The End Part 3

In honour of the story rankings, I'm posting this short part earleir!

OPTION 1: BILL

"Okay, this is unfair. We're not children of Athena!" Connor whined, and as if on cue, the wall behind you creaked to life, sprouting spikes which glinted menacingly in the torchlight. It inched forward, grinding on the cobblestones, threatening a gruesome death with every passing second.

"Now this is double unfair!" Connor yelped, hurriedly pressing his face to the note in hopes of absorbing information. You turned your attention back to the note, forcing him to share it with you. Then, one of the spikes shot from the wall, landing millimetres away from your face on the doors. Connor shrieked in disbelief. "A wall that shoots deadly spikes? What in Zeus' magnificent beard?"

Again, you dodged just in time as one would have landed right in your stomach. It was amazing how fast the world can turn from bad to total shit-storm. Connor frowned, muttering to himself, "No way these numbers are random. Must be a code. Maybe each number represents an alphabet?" Counting with his fingers, he began, "1 is A, 2 is B, 3 is C, 4 is... E? No, wait..." You would've smiled, but considering the situation at hand, you snatched the note from him, so he could use more of his fingers. As he jumped out of the way of incoming projectiles, you glared at the paper. Come on, brain. Do something useful for once!

Pain blossomed across your thigh as one of the spikes grazed it. Hissing in sharp pain, you realised the pain brought everything into focus. Connor was right. It was a code. You turned the piece of paper upside down, the numbers did stand for alphabets, just not in the way he thought. You deciphered aloud, "B... BILL IS BOSS... HE..."

"HE SELLS OIL!" Connor finished your sentence, eyes widening further as he ducked under a spike. "Nice work, Stoll!" By now, you could practically feel the wall pressing into your back. Stumbling over fallen spikes, the both of you pushed through the 'Bill' door as the wall collided with it. Falling forward, you waved away the dust swirling in the air. Not many must have made through the first door.

"I am more than just good looks, you know," He reminded, helping you up. You blew the hair out of your face, sighing. "Yeah, a genius who doesn't know their alphabets." He stuck out his middle finger, and you moved to smack his shoulder, but pain flared in your thigh again. Wincing, you touched it tenderly, and tried to heal it, holding your hand above it, but nothing happened. Will would heal it in no time. Will... You breathed in.

"Hey," Connor started, offering some ambrosia. "I may not be a healer, but at least I do have the common sense to bring some meds." You took it from him and stuffed it in your mouth. Tasted like Connor's diabetic cookies. Just the way you liked it. The redness paled away and the wound grew shut. Your insides felt warm, like the touch of a healer, the touch of a brother, the touch of a lover, and you sighed.

"Feel better?" Connor asked. You nodded and pushed past him so he couldn't see how flushed you were. "Let's hope this riddle isn't booby-trapped." Picking up another note, it read:

One door leads to a room full of 10 knife-wielding midgets. The other door leads to a room with a highly-trained cannibal who has been starving for weeks. To get to the next stage, you must go through one door.

Connor burst into a fit of laughter, and in between breaths, he would choke out, "Knife-wielding midgets? Oh my god..." You cracked a smile, only because he looked positively stupid when laughing. Smacking the back of his head, you said, "Come on, let's focus. Which door should we choose?"

OPTION 1: 10 Knife-Wielding Midgets

OR

OPTION 2: 1 Starving Highly-Trained Cannibal

<A/N> woAH I never knew this story's ranking was so high!! thanks for all the continuous support <3 i hope you guys are enjoying the story so far and i'm going to be doing a qna after the last chapter so feel free to invade my privacy and ask as many questions!! pls, i dont want the qna to flop. my other interests include kpop and marvel :D see you in the next chapter. as per usual, you have 48 hours to vote (by commenting your option of choice) on the decision! Remember that every choice has an effect on the result.