27

Sure enough, Steve came through the doors a few hours later, with the twins.

I jumped to my feet and trotted around the corner wagging my tail excitedly rubbing my head on Steve's chest with a happy chatter.

The twins laughed at me as Steve stumbled back, "Delta! I missed you too,".

I looked at the small male twin and practically tackled him, Steve tensed, but he relaxed when I chattered. I rubbed my head all over the smaller male's chest, making him squeak.

After a few minutes, I did the same to the female twin, making her giggle slightly.

I grabbed the back of both twins shirts and to walked away from Steve, who looked a little confused,"Delta I need those back!" He called as he jogged after me.

"At least bring them to the lab!" He said, giving up the chase, knowing if he did catch me, he wouldn't get the twins back.

I cooed at the two, who were extremely confused and startled.

A purring noise echoed in my throat as I changed my course and followed Steve.

He opened the door to the lab and saw Tony and Bruce working on the cradle, "What's going on here?" He demanded.

I still had the twins in my mouth, so I put them down gently and wrapped my tail around their waists protectively.

Tony looked up at Steve, before seeing me with the twins.

"I'm going to say this once," Steve started looking stern.

Tony snapped back,"How about nunce?"

Steve sent him a glare, "Shut it down,".

Tony shook his head, "Nope, not gonna happen,".

I was tense, I didn't like when they fought.

"You don't know what you're doing," Steve told them.

Bruce decided to add himself to the conversation, "And you do? She's not in your head?"

I growled as Wanda stepped around me, "I know you're angry," she started.

Bruce cut her off, "Oh we're way past that," Bruce told her before adding, "I could choke you and never change a shade,".

I growled at the threat snapping my jaws moving in front of her.

"Banner after everything that's happened," Steve started.

Tony cut him off, "Is nothing compared to what's coming,".

Wanda snapped at him from behind me, "You don't know what's in there,".

Pietro rolled his eyes and ran around the room unplugging everything, "No, no go on," he said tossing a plug aside.

I looked at the floor where he was and noticed where he was, I opened my jaws to call to him, but a gunshot sounded and he fell through the floor.

"Didn't see that coming?" I heard Clint ask, his tone sounded a bit crazy.

Wanda called out to Pietro, rushing to the hole in the floor, but I beat her there.

I pushed Clint aside baring my teeth at him with a roar.

Beeps started sounding from the machinery above as Clint stared at me in disbelief.

I heard Steve's shield clanking around and I hear more glass break as Tony's repulsor from his glove activated.

I heard someone fly back and more glass break.

I turned, grabbing Pietro's collar and jumped back up, standing in front of Wanda.

She looked like she was about to use her abilities to help, but Bruce grabbed her in a choke hold, "Go ahead piss me off,".

I growled at him, pushing him off with a snap of my jaws.

I ushered the two twins to the corner as I saw Clint come up the stairs with a gun.