Request - House of Stark "No one is ever ready for anything."

"Is it over now?" Your entire body was still shaking and trembling and the sounds of the dogs tearing Ramsay's face to pieces was still echoing through your mind.

"I'm afraid not, little one." Jon wrapped his arms around you and pressed a soft and tender kiss on your forehead. "We might have won a battle. We did not yet win the war. What's coming is far worse than everything we have faced so far."

"How do you know what I've faced so far?" Everyone looked up and turned around when all of a sudden Arya came out of nowhere. She had a smirk around her lips and needle was resting in the palm of her hand.

As quickly as you could you freed yourself from Jon's embrace and ran towards your sister. You had to admit that she had grown a few inches over the years, but she still had that twinkle in her eyes that didn't promise much good for whoever would cross her path. You wrapped your arms around her body and pressed her to your chest. "You're alive and back!" You took a deep breath. "Now we only miss Bran and when he's back, all is well again."

"I wouldn't say that too loud." Once more everyone in the hallway looked up to stare at the owner of the deep and manly voice. It was almost impossible to recognize Bran, but everyone knew right away that it could only be him.

"Bran!" Jon was the first to walk towards him and without asking he lifted his little brother out of the arms of the unknown girl that was with him. "Welcome home, little brother." He carried his brother to the rest of the family.

"There are once more Starks at Winterfell." You smiled a bright smile. "Jon is King in the North and every army in the direct area is on our side." You took a deep breath. "Sansa even made sure that Petyr Baelish is supporting us."

"I asked him to help us. We don't trust him. He for sure doesn't trust us either." Sansa showed up in the hallway too. Her lips were forming a straight line and she nodded at her younger sister and brother as if it had not been years since she had seen them for the very last time. "And there are Starks back on Winterfell, but they are not simply going to let us keep it."

"The people within Westeros are not our biggest treat." Jon spoke firmly and he closed his eyes for a short moment. He was not the mighty King the North had tried to make him. "I have been beyond the wall and what's out there is much more terrifying than the Lannisters will ever be."

The boy he was carrying in his arms nodded. "Jon is right." He let the words sink in for a moment. "The nightwalkers are not just a scary myth. Everything we've heard about them is true."

You felt a shiver rolling down your spine and your knees started trembling again. You had all lost so many people during the last few years. You had lost your father and mother. You had lost Robb. And only a couple of hours ago you had lost Rickon on the battlefield. If Jon and Bram were right, there was a chance you would lose more of them. You could lose your brave sister Arya or your smart sister Sansa. You could lose your little brother Bran or you half brother Jon. You were not sure if you would be able to handle that.

"(Y/N), are you okay?" Arya placed a hand on your arm, but you were not capable of nodding or saying yes.

"How are we ever going to be ready for this?" You swallowed and you stared at Sansa, Jon, Bran and Arya, all determined to not only win the next battle and the next, but the entire war. If only you were half as brave and strong as they were.

"No one is ever ready for anything." Jon nodded at you. "But you Starks are hard to kill. Never forget that."