Jon Snow - "It's not heavy. I'm stronger than I look."

Even though Winterfell itself hadn't changed much during the time Ramsay Bolton had been in control over it, there was something about the atmosphere roaming inside the walls that still felt a slight bit of. It was as if Winterfell had lost some of it's innocence now it had witnessed things that couldn't bare the light of day.

"Is everything alright?" Jon cocked his head while he noticed the frown on your forehead that had almost gotten as deep as his.

"Does Winterfell still feel like home to you?" You looked up at the man who had stolen your heart without even trying and a sad smile spread across his handsome face.

"It doesn't feel like it used to feel, no." He bent his head and for a moment there was nothing but silence between the two of you. These walls had probably witnessed most of his most important memories. They had witnessed his first steps, his first words, but they had now also witnessed horrible crimes against both his sister and Theon.

"Do you think it will ever feel like home again?" You walked towards him and you pressed the palm of your hand to his scruffed cheek. Even though the fight with Ramsay had been months ago, you could still feel the scars beneath your delicate fingers.

"I will do everything within my power to make it feel so, yes." Jon curled his strong fingers around your wrist and he licked his lips while he closed his eyes for a moment. "That's what father would have wanted. He wouldn't give up on this place, just because some heartless monster corrupted it for the worst."

A smile spread across your face while he spoke the words.

Even though Jon didn't carry the name Stark he had inherited more of his father's characteristics than he would ever dare to realize himself.

"I'm sure your father would be proud of you." You leaned on the tips of your toes and you pressed your forehead to his so you could lock your glances. "And if your mother would have known who you have become, I am certain she would have been proud of you too."

Jon took a deep breath, but he pressed you tighter to his chest while his lips kissed yours. "If only we had never left Winterfell in the first place..." He clearly thought about Robb, about Rickon, about his sister Arya who hadn't been seen or heard from for years. He clearly thought about his father and the dramatic turn his life had taken. He maybe even thought about Catelyn and how the life she had build had crashed down at her lifeless feet.

"I can't imagine how many weight is resting on your shoulders right now, but I promise that I'll do whatever I can to help you carrying it." You spoke softly and you made sure to keep him as close to you as humanly possible.

"It's not heavy. I'm stronger than I look." Jon kissed you once more before another sigh left his lips. "But I don't know if I even would have gotten this far without you by my side."

Your heart skipped a few beats in your chest and you felt a certain kind of warmth surrounding you.

Probably this had been the closest Jon had ever come to saying I love you. And with that he had added another wonderful moment to the memories the walls behold. Another wonderful moment that began the collection of memories that in time would probably outweigh all the bad ones Ramsay had added.