Jon Snow - "You're a great person. Don't ever forget that"

You couldn't remember the last time you had seen the great hall this empty. You couldn't remember the last time there had been absolute silence instead of deafening screaming. You couldn't remember the last time the benches and chairs had been unused. You didn't want to remember.

"You shouldn't be here." Jon sat in his chair. His fingers were tapping on the wooden table in front of him, his cloak protected him against the cold wind that howled around the castle. "You should be asleep in bed." He let his eyes wander over your body.

You were wearing nothing but your spotless white nightgown and a shiver rolled down your spine each time your bare feet touched the cold floor. "The bed was empty without you." You sat down in the chair next to his and you leaned back while you closed your eyes. "Are you worrying?"

Of course he was. Ever since you had met him Jon had worn a frown on his forehead. Ever since you had met him Jon had sorrows plaguing his mind. Ever since you had met him he had rarely smiled, because there was always something putting a damper on his mood. "I don't want to be king." He avoided your glance while his finger followed the lines carved into the table. "My brother was a king. My father was a king. But I'm not a king." He shook his head and he stared at the empty great hall as if the spirits of those who had voted him king were still lingering around.

"Your father died, Jon." You placed a hand on his and entwined your fingers with his. "Just like your brother." You tightened your grip and felt how he tensed all his muscles. "Maybe they were kings, but even kings make mistakes and even kings are mortal in the end." You spoke softly, but your voice was still echoing all around you. You wondered what the walls would tell you if they could speak about all those secret and silent conversations they had witnessed. "Just because they've made you their king, it doesn't mean that all of a sudden you have to be perfect."

"I have to protect them." He raised his voice. "And with what's living beyond the wall and coming for us all that might be harder than being perfect." He let out a sigh and he pulled his hand back. "I don't know how I can convince them how important this war is and what will happen if we lose." He turned his face towards you and your eyes met his. "I know that I have to protect them, but I have no idea how."

"I am sure that if someone can figure something out it's you." You nodded at him. "The God of Light, or whichever God, has brought you back for a reason. I don't think he brought you back to win the battle of the bastards and to reclaim Winterfell." You paused for a moment. "You're brought back for something bigger, for something that big that maybe our human minds can't even understand it completely."

"What if I let the lord of light down?" Jon's voice was barely a whisper. "What if he brought me back and I can't do what he wants me to do?" The bastard son had been crowned a king, but the scars his childhood and former position had left were still clearly visible. "Do you trust me with this? Do you trust me as a king?"

You reached for his hand again and you pressed the palm of your other hand to his cheek so he was forced to look at you. "Yes, I do." You spoke firmly and your voice wasn't even trembling. "You are Jon Snow. Eddard Stark has always taken care of you like you were a true born son. Robb Stark named you his legal heir. I know that you think you're nothing but a bastard only named king because all your brothers are dead, but that's not true. You are so much more." You locked your glance with his. "You are a great person. Don't ever forget that." You leaned in to press your lips to his.

"Thank you." Jon let out a deep sigh while he closed his eyes, his forehead resting on yours. "You should go back to bed. You're freezing."

"I'd warm up faster if you'd come with me."

His lips curled up into a slight smile. "Fine, I will come with you."