Jon Snow - We swore on that night that we'd be friends till we die

"Jon?" You wanted to grab his arm, like you had done countless times before already, but somehow it felt different now he was officially king in the north while you were still you. "Can I speak to you for a moment?" You had however noticed that the frown on his forehead was even deeper than usually and there was a darkness in his eyes you had not seen before.

"Of course." Jon's glance met yours for a moment and you frowned your eyebrows when he stared at you a little while longer than he actually should. He had changed ever since you had seen him for the last time. He had grown older. He had maybe even grown wiser too. He had not really spoken to you about it, but despite him not saying anything you were certain that something had happened during his time at the wall.

"Is everything okay with you?" You raised your eyebrows while you walked away from the crowded courtyard of Winterfell.

"No." Jon shook his head. He slowly dropped the masks he had been wearing in front of the lords and ladies, in front of all those people believing in him. "Cersei declared me a traitor in the south. My sister undermines my position during an important meeting and no one seems to believe me when I tell them that our biggest enemy will come from the north."

"I believe you." You placed a hand on his shoulder. All of sudden you were not standing next to the king in the north anymore. You were standing next to the boy you had befriended when no one else had really dared to do so. You were standing next to a boy who had been forced to become a man way before he was ready to be one. You licked your lips and took a deep breath. "Do you remember how we escaped Winterfell during a ball years ago?" You waited until Jon nodded. "We swore on that night that we'd be friends till we die." You waited until he nodded again. "To me that means that I believe you. I know you are not insane. I know you are not nuts. I know that you would not make this whole thing up if it wasn't true."

"Thank you..." Jon's voice was barely a whisper and it even trembled a little. "I know that my story is hard to believe, but I've seen it with my own eyes. I fought the night king and his army. I know that if we don't prepare, we won't survive." He placed his hand on yours and his grip was tighter than it usually was.

"Tell me how I can help you and I will do it." You locked your glance with his. There was still nothing but darkness, darkness and desperation. "I won't let you fight this war alone, Jon. I know that everyone else worries about Cersei and the Lannister army. I know that they think you are not concerned enough about that war, but I trust you. I believe that your war is the one that matters."

"It would be a great start if you'd convince the others of that too." Jon raised his eyebrows a little and you licked your lips.

"I'll see what I can do."