chapter | 2

10:46 am | Prague

In the capital of Czech Republic, downtown Prague, a man carrying a briefcase entered a pub. Neck craning, meticulously glancing around the place for the man who had offered him the job. Meanwhile, at the quiet end of the pub, in a small booth by the window, the man he was looking for sat. A crisp black coat over his pale exterior, slender fingers wrapped around a glass of whisky. He was staring out the window, his vision distorted by the fog coating the glass but, nonetheless, he continued to watch the bustling streets of the city in the gloomy weather.

"Sir, here are the documents you asked for." The tall man took his seat across the table. "You need to seal it personally then I can take care of the rest."

The man across him did not speak. He took the envelop containing the contract, scanning through the document, scrutinizing every detail of the agreement; being cautious as to not make err that would compromise his plans and put himself at risk.

After being sure that the agreement has stated both his and the other party's wishes, he took his seal out and embossed his name on the lower right section of the document. He affixed his own signature on it before handing it over to his trusted secretary.

"Ms. Yi Na keeps asking me when you'd return. What do I tell her?" His secretary asked, securing the documents back in his thick, leather briefcase. "Sir William?"

He tapped his fingers on the surface of the table, like a predator patiently waiting for his prey, "Tell her that we'll see each other sooner than expected."

...

| mara's point of view

"Are you free tonight?" A call came from my boyfriend, Park Jimin.

"For a president of a huge company, you seem to have it a little too easy, don't you think?" I commented, earning a laugh from him.

"You should see how hard I am at work- I mean how hardworking I am." Jimin said, his mischievous smirk flashing in my mind. "I'm only taking it easy when it comes to you, love."

Jimin absolutely plays dirty but he can be a sweet pumpkin sometimes and right now it's a mixture of both which is not good for me. I couldn't deny to anyone, even if my life depended on it, that I am so happy to be hearing his voice that I love so much.

"Let's have dinner together." Jimin added, "When will you get off?"

"I'm doing my last patient consultation. Maybe after 20 minutes?" I said.

"Sure." He replied. I could imagine him smirking his way to my underwear as he said that. "I'll be waiting." The sultry tone in his voice made my knees go weak. "I'll send someone to get you."

I arrived five minutes earlier than my expected time and was ushered safely to his office by his personal chauffeur. His secretary greeted me politely. I don't know how Jimin told him to act in front of me but I'd rather be treated like an ordinary person especially when his secretary seemed like the same age as me.

"Nice to finally meet you, Miss Mara. I believe we haven't been properly introduced yet. I'm Jackson, Mr. Park's secretary." He said with such ease. "Right now, Mr. Park is in a meeting with one of our VIP clients." Jackson explained, "I'll let him know that you arrived but for the mean time, do you mind waiting?"

"Yeah, go ahead. I don't mind waiting." I told him with a smile.

Fo quite awhile now, I've been living with Jimin and so far, he's been behaving nicely. He was no longer impulsive like before. It was a huge change for him but since his father announced him as the President of their company and trusted him with such a responsibility, he at least should be at this level of maturity.