chapter | 9

Jungkook believed he was doing fine. Maybe being alone was all he needed to heal but now it's time to stop running. Suga was right. He can't hide forever. It was Suga's advice that made Jungkook return home. And so here he was, at the address Taehyung gave him.

Jungkook rang the doorbell once and waited. He knew it was Jimin's place but why he came here first, he still didn't know. Suga wanted him to talk to Jimin but Jungkook didn't know how. He was staring at his feet, nervously holding his bags and then the door opened.

"Jungkook?" She said, eyes wide.

Jungkook was not expecting to see her. She was the last he expected to see. "Why are you here? This is Jimin's-"

"I'm glad you're safe." She immediately hugged him. He was cold but it didn't matter. "I was so worried. We were all so worried."

Jungkook let his hand rest on her hips. She was hugging him so tightly. He thought she never cared for him. Jungkook cleared his throat when he got his thoughts together again. He slowly pulled away from her, setting a definite distance between them.

"Sorry." Mara stepped back, the awkwardness creeping in, "I was carried away."

A soft chuckle was caught in his throat, making her head shot up to look at him, "You didn't even change." He said, holding back a smile, "Well I guess, three years is just a short time. Missed me?"

Just as the two of them stood in the door way, Jimin had just finished taking a bath. He stepped out of the bathroom and heard two people chatting. He knew Mara's voice but the other one, he wasn't so sure. Puzzled as he is, he made his way to them, turning to a corner.

He saw Mara by the door and behind her was, "Jungkook?"

Jungkook turned his gaze at his surprised friend before smiling entirely, "Hey. How are you, Jimin?"

...

"I knew you guys were together but I didn't know you're actually living together." Jungkook mentioned as I hand him a drink. He then met my eyes and asked, intentionally, "I bet you had lots of fun, didn't you?" I almost choked on my own saliva. "Kidding."

I ought to strangle the hell out of him!

Jimin returned from his bedroom, fully clothed. He sat himself on the sofa and began to interrogate Jungkook, "So you were with Suga?"

"Yeah. We met a year ago and we lived together ever since. Sorry for not telling you guys." He added, "I promised him I wouldn't tell anyone."

"Is he coming back?" Jimin quizzed again.

Jungkook nodded. "But he said needed to stay behind to finish some things."

"Then where is he now?"

"No idea. We separated ways two days ago." Jungkook shrugged, "Well, he never was one to talk about himself so.. I just let him be." He then turned his attention on me, quietly sitting on the side. "So, are you two planning on getting married?"

"Oh, I'd love to but she's allergic to marriage." Jimin laughed when I sent him a nudge to his side. "See? So don't ever mention that word again if you don't want to get on her bad side."

Jungkook laughed too, "I think I've seen her bad side." He pointed at the area around my neck, "How's the bite? Did it mark?"

"Well, you're three years late for that." I rolled my eyes. "Don't you boys have better things to do than picking on me?"

"Oh shit. Almost forgot." Jungkook jumped on his seat and took his phone out. "I have to call Taehyung-" The doorbell rang before Jungkook could press a number into his phone.