chapter | 15

"Hyung, where are you?" Jungkook spoke carefully on his phone. He stood in front of a train station, "Give me your address. I'll come to you."

"No, don't come. You won't find me here. I have somewhere I need to go. How's Mara?"  The blonde haired man said, "Is she safe?"

"Yeah, she's staying with Jimin." The younger one replied with ease, "Aren't you even going to meet her personally? I thought that's what you wanted to do?"

Suga thought back to her, her smile that he loved so much, her voice, her lips that tasted so sweet the night they kissed, "I want to but there's something I need to do first."

For hours, he's been sitting on his bed, thinking about what he should do next. Was it all just a joke he's playing on him? Is he really targeting her so he can get to him to come out? He's placed her in enough trouble before. He's not making another mistake betting her life for a stupid family quarrel. Suga was pissed. He shouldn't have involved Mara in his childish games.

He stared at the only photo he had of him and his brother, reliving the memories when they were both innocent and genuinely happy but now it's different. William used to be the nicest kid but he corrupted even him. He didn't want to leave him alone in that house, knowing that this will happen, however, he didn't have much of a choice. Now he regretted ever letting go of his hand, the only family he's got.

"I will fucking destroy you." Suga gritted his teeth, crumpling the newspaper with the photo of his father. He made William turn against him and now he's gonna make him pay.

...

| mara's point of view

I woke up with my eyes still blindfolded. My wrists and feet were still tied together. I have no idea who took me or where they brought me. I felt so helpless as the silence sliced through me. There was no one to save me. Nobody even knew what happened to me. Who's going to find me? These thoughts slowly corrupted my mind to the point where I was crying beyond reason. I felt scared because no matter how hard I try, I can't get myself loose from the ropes they bounded me with.

I stopped wriggling and squirming when I heard a door open and light footsteps approaching me. The heels of the person's shoes made loud tapping noises against the wooden floor. I sucked in a breath and dug my nails against my palms, waiting for a knife to cut through my throat, but it didn't come, only cold fingers touching my cheek as the tape over my lips was removed rather painfully.

"W-Who are you?" I managed to croak out. I was only relying on my voice.

"Do you really want to know?" The velvety voice belonged to a man, judging from how he sounded, he was just across me. "You might regret it."

"Fine. You don't have to tell me but please just let me go." I begged and begged but he wasn't answering. "Why me? Why take me? I'm just a nobody-"

He clicked his tongue, "Now that's where you're wrong." The man said then all of a sudden, I felt my blindfolds becoming loose. "You're the most important piece to my game."

I squinted hard as the lights momentarily blinded me but soon his face came into view, becoming clearer and clearer. His dark black hair, his beautiful eyes, his porcelain complexion; the perfectly alluring face I know too well. He was so close to me but I still couldn't believe what I was seeing, that he was here right in front of me.