chapter | 16

"What do you mean she's not with you?" Jimin's voice could be heard from outside his office.

On the phone was Jackson, he was supposed to see Mara back home but she never did come back. Jimin tried to call her on his phone but there was no chance of his call being answered. He ran his fingers through his hair.

"What the fuck are you waiting for? Find her." Jimin raised his voice, "Find her quickly!"

Jimin stormed out of his office and hurriedly went to the basement parking lot. He took his car and drove madly through the frozen city. She lied. He knew she couldn't be trusted but why did he believe her? Was there a part of him that still loved her? A part of him that wanted to be with her?

No. He can't ever forgive her if something was to happen to Mara. The car's tires gave a screech as he parked his car carelessly. Storming out, he picked up a call from his phone.

"The police said they can't accept a missing person's report if the person is only missing for less than 24 hours. We're on our own." Jackson reported, giving Jimin more problems on his plate.

"What kind of bullshit is that." Jimin gritted his teeth, trying to stop himself from losing his composure. He held the phone to his ear, "I'll call you back. For now, check the CCTVs from the company. There must be something caught by the cameras."

He hung up the phone, entering the elevator shaft. Mirrors ran along the four walls of the elevator. Jimin stared at his reflection as his thoughts drowned him. How could he be so careless? She could be lying on the cold ground, shivering. Jimin closed his eyes shut, discarding the image of her that flashed on his mind.

Jimin didn't think twice as he entered her territory. She smiled at him. She was the enemy, a person not to be trusted. Soojin is gone. She is not the same person anymore.

"What brings you here all of a sudden?" YiNa strut towards him, a towel covered her body. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders, "I was just done with my bath when you came."

Jimin pried her arms off of him, setting a distance, "You lied to me." He started, "You said you won't touch Mara."

YiNa wickedly smiled, she pet her fingers trail along his shoulders as she walked behind him, "Now, don't be mad. I kept my promise. I never touched her nor went close to her. Just like what you told me."

Jimin was only now realizing that this whole thing was not planned by her alone. Of course. She couldn't do this alone. She needed someone powerful and that was, "William."

"Where is she!" Jimin pulled away from her wicked grasp, disgusted that he used to have feelings for the girl. "You know where he took her. Tell me."

"Or what?" She sat on the bed, her towel hiking up as she crossed her legs. "Are you going to kill me?" She laughed. "You can't do it, can you? Well if you can't, I guess Mara will die first."

Jimin grabbed at her throat, pinning her down on the bed, eyes burning with rage, "Don't you fuck with me."

His grip tightened around her throat and she gasped for air but she never tried to escape. She wanted to die for all the mistakes she has done and what better way to die than in the hands of the man who has loved her before she became this person. The other person inside her was too strong. She craved for power and fed off of envy. She could barely win over her because she controlled her now. She owns her body. Her eyes watered as air filled her lungs again. She opened her eyes and looked up at Jimin. In the end, he still couldn't do it. He's not a murderer like her.

"I will never love you." Jimin said as he turned his back on her. A pang stabbed at her chest when he said those words.

She felt her ripping her heart open, putting ideas in her minds. Her hand gripped a syringe that Jackson prepared and she stabbed it on his shoulder, watching him slowly lose consciousness. She didn't want to follow through with William's plan as long as Jimin willingly come away with her but hearing Jimin say that he'll never be able to accept her awakened the suppressed memories in her mind; those childhood memories when nobody wanted her.