chapter | 23

|mara's point of view

It's been almost three weeks since I got out of the hospital, I have been staying with Hoseok in his vacation home. My mom cried unnecessarily when I moved my things out of the house. I knew she would do that so I prepared myself well. I didn't cry but I did tear up a bit.

I never knew I would like Hoseok's vacation home, or should I say my biological brother's home, so much. It was just a humble place but a very warm one. I had my own room and at the back, there's a small greenhouse where I was pathetically trying to grow roses in the mean time. I love the fresh air and the unrestricted scenery.

However, there are times that I hate it as well. There are times where I preferred living within the city, in that penthouse with Jimin. I still can't get over the fact that he would hurt me this way but I couldn't help worry about him. Jimin wouldn't just throw me aside like that. I have a feeling that she did something to him. I believed him when he told me he would come back. Although, he will absolutely get it when he does come back. I'm going to make him beg.

My brother had shares in Jimin's company and he said that he would transfer them shares to me. I refused it at first since I didn't have the slightest idea on how to manage things like that but Hoseok said he would help me. Now I'm slowly learning the business. I have someone teaching me at home every morning and in the afternoon, I do self study, such as, familiarizing myself with the executives and board members in my brother's company.

"There you are." A voice I know very well came from behind me, "Is this what you've been doing all day?"

I stopped trimming the orchids and turned around to see Taehyung walking towards me. I smiled widely at him, "What brings you here?"

"Uhh, no reason in particular. I just wanted to make you feel guilty about refusing my offer to be your baby's father." Taehyung grinned before me and then gave me a quick hug, "How are you?"

"You guys should stop treating me like I'm some heartbroken teenager. Namjoon stopped by the other day too and asked me the same exact thing." I chuckled, inviting him to sit with me in a bench in our backyard.

"We're just worried, especially, Hoseok." He said as he turned to me. "You should be mad at him for locking you up here like a teenager on probation."

"I know." I said, smiling. "But I'm really fine."

"That's what they all say." Taehyung leaned closer to my face and I pushed him away while laughing. We stopped laughing eventually and he stared up to watch the clouds, "What will you do now?"

I looked up at the sky too and sighed, "I don't know."

"You know, you're baby will grow up and would ask about Jimin but what if Jimin still doesn't come back then, what will you tell your kid?" Taehyung tilted his head to watch my face, I could feel his eyes on me.

"I'll make something up." was my half assed answer.

"Growing up without a dad sucks, you know. He might become like me.." Taehyung sighed and said, "Although, I doubt that would happen since I'm sure the kid will grow to become an awesome person like you."

I gave him a big smile, "Hey, don't leave out the badass uncles."

Taehyung chuckled, "Yeah. We're pretty much badass."