chapter | 14

| mara's point of view

The warm sunlight passed through the curtains despite the snowy morning. It felt like any other day when I woke up alone in his bedroom but last night felt like a dream. However, I knew by the marks that were still on my body that last night was as real as can be. I smiled in the comfort of Jimin's bed, his scent on the pillows and silk sheets made me relive the events of last night.

I stretched my arms out, my fingers coming across a piece of paper neatly folded in half over the silk sheets, weightless as a feather. I picked it up and read the message;

By the time you read this, I'm already gone. We can't see each other for awhile. I'm sorry but I need do find out something. It's better if you don't come looking for me.

I will see you soon, love. I can't explain everything right now but I sent Jackson to look out for you.

Be safe.
I love you.

I re-read the words written on the piece of paper, but I still couldn't quite grasp what was happening. Why? What is he trying to figure out? There were so many unanswered questions but I got a gut feeling that the reason behind this is the same one behind his sleepless nights.

I tried calling him. He was not answering, of course, it was already obvious when he told me not to come looking for him. I felt like I would go crazy just sitting there so I took a quick shower and got dressed to talk to Jimin personally in his office.

Everything seemed off the minute I stepped outside the elevator and onto Jimin's floor. A different man was in Jackson's place.

"Excuse me, where is Jackson?" I asked the stern looking man. In all aspects, I like Jackson more.

"He was reassigned by the CEO." He spoke formally.

"Oh. Then, is Jimin busy at the moment?" I asked and he looked at me weirdly then I realized that he doesn't know my relationship with Jimin. "I'm sorry, I meant the CEO."

He then slightly raised an eyebrow as he opened a little black notebook, "May I know your name, miss?"

"Mara. Mara st. Claire." I stated clearly while peeking over the counter to check Jimin's schedule for the day.

The man wore another stiff expression as he hid the notebook away from my sight, "The CEO is busy for the whole day. I'm sorry, you can't see him right now."

"But I just saw his blank schedule-"

"As I said, he's busy." He directly looked at me, intimidating me. He doesn't even know who I am.

"I need to see him no matter what." I replied before turning my back to him and stomping towards the double doors of Jimin's office.

"You are not allowed to go in, miss. Please leave before I call security on you." The man blocked the doors.

The fuck. Jimin's new secretary is surely testing my patience. "I can go in whenever I like. Move out of the way." I insisted, raising my voice so Jimin would hear.

"I'm sorry, miss but I was strictly told not to let you in." He added, "It was orders from the CEO himself."

"From.. Jimin?" I took a step back, "Why would he.." Then out of nowhere, a burst of anger erupted from chest and made me so furious that I almost kicked the door down.