chapter | 31

Jimin counted every minute that passed since Taehyung was taken into surgery. He sat impatiently outside the operating room, hands clasped together as he tapped his foot on the floor. Nobody has even stepped out of the operating room for almost eight hours. Jimin was getting nervous. Just then, he saw Mara with Hoseok. He stood up to meet her.

"Baby, what are you doing here?" Jimin said, glancing to Hoseok then back at her. "I told you to stay home."

"She wouldn't listen." Hoseok said.

"I won't stay home. You two can't make me." She said sternly, making Jimin sigh since there's no point at all to argue about it now. "How is he?"

"I don't know. No one has told me anything yet." Jimin sat back down. Mara and Hoseok did the same thing.

"He's going to be okay." Mara said as she interlace her fingers with Jimin's and then gave him a smile, "Taehyung's not a quitter. I know it."

After seven hours, the doctor came out first and the three of them stood nervously, waiting for what the doctor had to say. If Taehyung made it or not.

"The surgery is successful. We removed the entire tumor." The doctor pulled his mask down as he said this, "The tumor was quite big but, miraculously, it didn't cause major damage in his brain. He's in recovery now. He'll soon be transferred back to his room."

"Thank you." Jimin said and the doctor patted his back. Mara hugged Jimin and he held her tightly.

Namjoon arrived a minute later. Confused when he saw Mara tearing up. He glanced at Jimin then at Hoseok, "What happened? How did it go? Why is Mara crying?"

"He made it." Hoseok gave Namjoon a pat on the back. "He's okay now."

...

"Jimin, it's your turn." Mara groaned. The baby was crying again in the middle of the night. She and Jimin agreed to take turns in taking care of him. "Jimin."

"I heard you. I'm up." Jimin replied, shaking himself out of his sleepy state. Both of them have been living like zombies, trying to adjust to their new life.

Jimin didn't bother putting a shirt on as he picked up their eight month old baby and held him in his arms, "It's okay. Daddy's here. Shh. Are you hungry? Is my little taetae hungry?" He cooed.

"Mara, he's hungry." Jimin came to wake Mara up, sitting on her side of the bed.

A year has passed by quietly. Mara and Jimin moved out of Hoseok's house and built a home of their own after Mara gave birth to their first son. Although, Hoseok didn't really want them to leave but Mara knew she has intruded on him too much even if he says she's his sister. She didn't want to keep freeloading on him so they moved back to Jimin's penthouse.

Jimin had everything prepared. He turned his room into the master's bedroom and Mara's old room to the baby's room but they decided to keep the baby close to them until he's old enough to sleep in his own. They regretted that decision soon after because the baby would cry every 30 minutes like an alarm clock on snooze and it was hell.

"Finally, he's asleep. What are we going to do with him? I don't even know the last time I had a good sleep." Jimin said as Mara placed the baby back in his crib.

She then crawled back to the bed, snuggling into Jimin's chest as she closed her eyes, "I didn't think it would be this hard. My nipples really hurt when I feed him."