chapter | 8

8:37 am | William's officetel

William sighed deeply, his slim fingers moving in circles around his temples, "So you failed again?"

Yi Na sat across him, unfazed by his razor-like glare. She neither smiled nor has she shown any expression, frozen like ice over his predatory gaze. "I barely even started."

"That's the fucking point." William hissed as he placed his hands down together on his desk, "You failed before you even started. You say you want him but you can't even get him to look at you." He laughed mechanically, provoking her.

"I can do it." She snarled, frustration building up as the pressure on her shoulders increased. "He loved me once. I can make him love me again."

"Then fucking do it before I put a bullet through your head." He said, gaze turning cold again. William stood up and forcefully grabbed her chin to make her look at him, "And make sure you succeed this time."

Ashton followed closely as William left the room, sparing a second glance back at her. She looked sadly beautiful. Never has he been so curious like this in his entire life as he watched a tear fall down her cheek, her lips quivering as she tried to get herself together.

He wanted to stay but there was so much to do. There was no time to feel lonely but for the first time in his life, he wanted to make someone happy. He wanted to do something that would make her smile.

Her loneliness faded away along with her tears. She tried to forget every painful memory of her past except for him. He was the one who truly loved her even when the world rejected her but she regretted greatly that she realized it too late.

...

I woke up not in my own bed but in Jimin's. I vaguely remembered how I ended up in his room last night, how I stayed up with him and watched him work until my eyes screamed for sleep. I vaguely remembered how I found him very sexy, biting his lower lip with his laptop on his lap, how I was so turned on by the little smiles he sends me whenever he catches me looking at him. I remember going to sleep first and him kissing me goodnight but not him coming into bed with me.

I let my hands search for him only to find out that the space beside me was empty. There was only the messy sheets and layers of blankets. I found his laptop on the bed where he was supposed to be and an empty coffee cup on the bedside table.

Did he even sleep?

A chime came from his laptop. An email notification popped up. I scooted over and picked up the laptop, dragging my finger over the mouse pad and then clicking on Jimin's inbox. But before it could load, Jimin came in.

"Morning." He looked perfect with a lazy smile on. Jimin noticed his laptop with me. He closed it and took it away, "What were you doing?"

"You got an email and I was about to check it." I replied honestly, making him smile even more.

"You're so cute when you're playing honest. Come here." Jimin wrestled me back down on the bed, putting all his weight on me. He clung onto me, spooning me in his arms, "I didn't get a wink of sleep last night because of you."

"Me?"

"Yes you." He kissed my shoulder and breathed in my nape. "Because you were sleeping in my bed. How can I close my eyes when you're right in front of me?"

"Park Jimin!" I almost blushed if I didn't know he used to be a fuckboy. "Don't you dare get horny on me right now."

He laughed heartily and pulled me in closer, "But I'm always horny for you." He added with a pout. I knew he meant it as a joke but that doesn't apply most of the time. I melted against him when his plump lips came into contact with the skin of my neck.