chapter | 18

*August ; Suga

"How did this happen?" Taehyung returned to Jimin's empty living room, hysterical after seeing that the place has been cleared out and only Mara's things were left but Mara, herself, was missing, "What the hell is happening? If this is some sick prank you guys are playing, I suggest you fucking stop it now."

Hoseok stood up and grabbed Taehyung by the collar, "How the fuck do you think we're fucking playing!?"

"Calm down." Jungkook came between the two. He was the only one sane enough between Taehyung and Hoseok, "We can't solve anything by being like this."

Taehyung shrugged an angry Hoseok off and turned his back to the two, cooling his head off while Hoseok answered a call on his phone, "Hello? Mrs. st. Claire? Yeah, it's me Hoseok. Yes, everything's fine. I will. I'll call right away when I meet her."

"Was that Mara's mom?" Taehyung asked and Hoseok nodded, "Does she know? That she's missing?"

"No." Hoseok replied. "I think it would be better not to tell her until we're sure of what's really happening."

Taehyung rubbed the back of his neck and sighed, "How about Jimin? What happened to him? They couldn't have disappeared together?"

"Someone was behind all this." Jungkook spoke with confidence, "Come with me. There's someone who you'd want to meet. Someone who will help us find Mara and Jimin."

Taehyung and Hoseok exchanged confused looks with each other. Jungkook turned around and saw the two of them standing in the same spot, "The fuck are you two standing around there for?" He blurted out before taking the lead again, "Hoseok hyung, let's take your car."

Hoseok followed the clear instructions that Jungkook has been giving him from the moment they left Jimin's place and started driving on the road. Taehyung was silently thinking by himself in the backseat. They are all so puzzled and lost at the moment besides Jungkook who's unbelievably calm and level minded than them.

Jin and Namjoon has no idea yet about what was happening since they are unreachable lately, buried in all the company matters. The three of them decided not to tell anyone yet, not even the police, unless they really need to.

"Stop right there." Jungkook instructed and Hoseok parked across the street.

By now, Taehyung was snapped out of his thoughts, "Who are we meeting with? Are you sure this is safe?"

"You know him." Jungkook said as he got out of the car first, "Known him for years."

"Wait, are you saying that he came back?" Hoseok asked, leaving Taehyung the only clueless one, "Are we going in there to meet Suga?"

Jungkook nodded, "I've been in touch with him but he strictly told me not to tell anyone. He knows who took Mara."

They moved swiftly as they crossed the road and entered the hotel. The lobby bustled with busy people already starting their day. They took the elevator and Jungkook pressed the 11th floor without hesitation. Taehyung and Hoseok followed behind Jungkook, stopping when Jungkook did in front of his door. Jungkook knocked lightly on the door twice and waited.

The man who opened the door without a slight hint of surprise on his face, "Come in quickly."

"It's really you, Suga." Taehyung gawked at Suga as he buttoned up his cuffs and put on his blazer, "But why are you dressed like that?"

"Isn't it obvious? I'm going on an important business meeting. And my real name is August, not Suga." He said nonchalantly. "My brother, William, is the one responsible for taking Mara hostage. I don't have time to explain everything but I will when I get back, that is, if I get back."