chapter | 33

| mara's point of view

These past few days have been literally hell for me since Jimin wanted the wedding so soon but thank God I managed to finish everything in three weeks time. Our wedding is pretty simple. I know Jimin can get me every girl's dream wedding but I prefer it to be intimate rather than extravagant. The guest list I prepared only consisted of a few people, just my family and our close friends.

I had my mom help me with the rest of the wedding plans since Jimin all of a sudden had to leave for business. I don't remember what exactly. Although I remember him mentioning some investors in China. He's been gone for two weeks. I was left to take care of Taetae on my own but my mom was a big help. Sadly, she has to go back today because she can't extend her leave from her work.

"Be good to your mom, okay?" She hugged and kissed her grandson goodbye. He looked up at her with very curious eyes, "Aw, darling. You got your mom's eyes. I remember when she was a baby. She looked so much like you."

"Mom, that's enough." I chuckled when she wouldn't hand Taetae over. "You'll miss the train."

She gave me a smile before I saw her out the door, "Are you going to be okay?"

"Yes, mom. Don't worry. Jimin said he's coming home tonight." I told her and then gave her a long hug with Taetae on my arms. "Do you have all your things? You didn't leave anything behind?"

"I'm good." She said, kissing us goodbye for the last time, "I don't want to leave, sweetie. I missed you so much and I will miss my grandson too. I spent too little time with him." She held Taetae's small hands, "Do you want to come with grandmama?"

"Mom." I gave her a look when I had a feeling she'll get sentimental again, "It's not like we're going somewhere far. We'll visit you soon. I promise."

"Alright then.." She nodded her head and smiled, "Don't forget that we're going to get your dress on Saturday. It has to be the perfect fit for you."

"Yes. I won't forget." I smiled at her, "Taetae say bye bye to grandmama."

When my mom finally left, I placed Taetae down on his crib and he played quietly with his toys. I smiled down at him as I watched him crawling to get his toy. He's been such a good boy. I left him briefly to prepare his bath. I had a speaker with me all the time so I would know what he's doing or if he begins crying.

After his bath, I dressed him for bed since it's already half past eight and he seemed sleepy already. I took him to the bedroom where I breastfed him before putting him to sleep. He doesn't cry in the middle of the night that much anymore, not like before. Now he only cries when he's hungry or when his diaper is wet but there are times that he cries because he doesn't want to stay in his cradle so we let him sleep with us on the bed.

Soon enough, Taetae was dreaming, peacefully asleep. I carefully laid him down on his cradle and stayed with him for a little more until he's fully asleep. I looked at the time and wondered why Jimin wasn't home yet. I was about to call him but then I heard the door open and I came out quietly to welcome him.

"I'm home." Jimin smiled as soon as he saw me. He looked around at Taetae's empty, "Where's my son?"

"I just put him to sleep." I hushed him and then led him to the bedroom where Jimin watched him sleeping.

He kissed the top of his head and smiled, "I guess he's too tired to wait up. Have you been a good boy for mommy?"

"He's been good." I whispered to Jimin, hugging him from the side as we both watched him.