chapter | 21

It was negative 3 degrees but Taehyung was out searching for Mara. He came to Jimin's company to see if there was anything from the surveillance cameras but it was all deleted, all the recordings from that day. How can that be? The abductor must be someone from the inside but who? He needed to find out but Taehyung was thrown out into the street, empty handed.

Taehyung wasn't giving up. Not yet.

With a picture of her in his hand, he asked people on the street, random strangers or company employees, if they've seen or recognized her

With a picture of her in his hand, he asked people on the street, random strangers or company employees, if they've seen or recognized her. One of them must've seen her that day. He clapped his hands together and breathe into them to keep himself warm but even his breath was turning icy clouds of white.

"Excuse me." Taehyung came up to a woman, showing them Mara's picture, "Have you seen this girl?"

The woman stopped to have a good look at her, "Oh, I think I saw her last week. Here. Outside the company building."

"You did? This exact same girl?" Taehyung's eyes lit up.

"Yes. I'm sure it's her because I was on my way to work and we came in at the same time." She said. Taehyung bought the woman coffee and there they talked in details about that day she saw Mara.

"It was around 9am, I think.. I was running late." She explained, "She got out of the cab and we walked into the company at the same time. I shared an elevator with her and as I remember, she pressed on the CEO's floor. After that, I got out on my floor and didn't see her again."

Another dead end.

Taehyung sighed but gave the kind woman a smile as she stood up, "Thank you so much for giving me your time."

He walked back to the company and just in time, he saw Jimin. Taehyung didn't know when he started running until he was held back by Jimin's body guards when he got too close to him.

"It's okay. He's my friend." Jimin told his bodyguards and they released Taehyung from their grip. "Taeh-"

Jimin stumbled backwards when Taehyung's fist met his cheek.

"What the fuck are you doing?? You should be going out of mind trying to find her right now, you stupid fuck!" Taehyung fought his bodyguards, squirming as he tried to get loose from their hold. "I'm going to kill you. I'm going to snap that head of yours, come here!!"

"I should be finding who?" Jimin stood up with the help of his bodyguards. He met Taehyung's glare and was utterly confused as to why he was behaving this way. "Goddamit Tae, I don't fucking know what you're saying."

"Mr. Park, we'll take care of this. Please get yourself treated." Said one of the men.

"Just let him go quietly." Jimin told the man before he was ushered inside. He glanced one last time at Taehyung.