chapter | 7

| jimin's point of view

Yeah, I'm still at the hospital. 
I'll call you when I get home.
I love you.

9:56pm

I placed my phone down the table, eyes following her out of the hotel with Hoseok so close to her. Why are you lying to me Mara?

She smiled up at him when he opened the door for her. Hoseok had his hand on her back as he led her out. Not knowing why I was feeling so damn jealous over nothing, I turned my eyes away from the both of them walking past the window. Now I can't seem to focus on work with my mind all over the place, wondering where he's taking her, what the fuck they're doing together coming out of a hotel. Why is she giving me second thoughts?

I was pulled back to where my body was, in the middle of a meeting with Yi Na. She noticed that I was distracted so she offered to postpone the meeting when she saw Mara pass by.

"It's fine." She said, "If you want to go after her, it's okay with me. You can make it up to me next time."

"No." I fixed my posture, steering myself away from Mara and Hoseok. "I'm being rude. I promised to make it up to you today and that's what I'm doing. Personal matters can wait."

"Are you sure?" Yi Na watched my controlled expression, eyes always so observant. I never noticed that certain charm of her until now.

"Yes." I said and she flashed me a petit kind of smile.

"Actually, I don't feel like having dinner.." Yi Na set the menu down on the meticulously prepared table of the hotel restaurant. She looked up to meet my eyes before suggesting something else, "How about I buy you a drink? I know a great bar not far from here."

I thought about it. This is not about business anymore but how long has it been? When was the last time I had a little drink? Her gaze remained on me, warm and inviting then she spoke.

"I know I'm not you're type." Yi Na started, using her delicate fingers to push her hair behind her ear, "But we can pretend that I am just this time. That is if you don't mind playing with me for awhile?"

"I guess a drink wouldn't hurt." A smirk formed across my lips. She was awakening something inside me. I offered her my arm as I stood beside her, "Let's take my car."

"Whatever pleases you." Yi Na whispered in my ear as she coyly wrapped her arm around mine.

...

I leaned forward, rolling my head forward to relieve the tensed muscles around my shoulders. Finally, I got my head to cool off and to finally get her out of my mind, even for awhile. I need this, badly, because I feel like I'm going to lose my sanity if I don't. I love her but these thoughts are poisoning my mind.

"What's the matter?"

I pulled my head up and leveled my gaze with her. Compared to earlier this evening when I met her for dinner, she looks more relaxed and even more beautiful in this new environment. It's either that or the alcohol is taking effect.

"What?" Yi Na smiled and did something that I never thought she would. She moved closer to me, our faces inches apart, "It's okay, we're outside of the workplace. Now we're just strangers to each other so you can tell me. I'm not the type to kiss and tell."