chapter | 25

Taehyung reached his arms forward and felt his work table not too far to his right. He grabbed on it and used it to support himself up. He took a step, stubbing his toe against the table. The floor felt cold as he fell down. Cursing himself, he tried to stand but his vision was so bad today that he couldn't even walk into his own bathroom without tripping on his own feet but he forced himself to move out of bed. He already promised Mara that he'd come with her to the doctor.

There are some days that he felt completely normal and some days where he'd just pass out cold from a terrible migraine or have his vision deteriorate slowly that he needed to wear lenses to see. Taehyung had known about his condition for a month and was past the denial phase quickly, however, now he feels so angry with himself.

Why did has he accepted this so easily? Maybe because it was punishment for having his hands tainted? For wanting to have something that was never meant for him? But isn't this too much? If he was going to die, why not in a car accident or a train wreck? That way he could die right away.

His phone was ringing and he pulled himself up on the bed. He felt for his phone. It was her, calling to check on him, "Tae don't forget. We're going to-"

"I can't go today. Something suddenly came up.." Taehyung had to lie again as he swallow back his tears, "Really sorry."

"No, it's okay, I understand." She replied cheerfully, "I can go by myself. Don't worry. So I'll just let you know when I got the results, yeah?"

"Yeah. I'd like that." He replied, a tear rolling down his face. "Mhm, okay. Bye."

She hung up and he dropped the phone on his bed, his arms losing strength. He felt so sorry for himself. Taehyung's lip quivered and he hugged his knees to his chest, head in his arms.

Why must a man shed tears like this?

...

| mara's point of view

After finally picking clothes that doesn't put much emphasis on my newly budding baby bump, I headed downstairs, surprised to see my brother dressed in a handsome suit. He was reading some documents in the living room, from the looks of it they look important so I didn't bother distracting him.

"Jimin left already." Hoseok said voluntarily.

I looked back at him from the kitchen, "I know." I replied as I get myself orange juice.

"You look like you're going somewhere." He lifted his head up to me and began to gather the documents inside a folder, "I'm going out too. Let's go together. Where are you going anyway?"

"To a doctor. For a prenatal check up." I told him and then he looked at his watch.

"Should I come with you? I still have two hours before the meeting." Hoseok offered but I waved him off.

"No need. I'll be fine by myself." I placed the glass down on the sink and washed my hands, "Taehyung was supposed to go with me but he cancelled."

"Are you sure you're going to be okay? Or are you just too shy to come with your brother?" He gave me a smile as he opened the car door for me.

"I am not." I replied and Hoseok guided me as I got in, covering my head so I wouldn't bump on anything. I waited as he got in the car as well, we got our seat belts on before I began talking again, "I am really okay with going alone. You don't need to come, just prepare for your meeting."