8th Chapter

She heavily sighed as she rested her arm on her forehead, while looking at the ceiling.

She could still remember the lingering feeling of his lips pressing on her own.
She bit her lips, as she sighed. You should erase the thoughts and focus on your studies. She limply sat on her couch, as she look at the clock; 10:00 PM. He's still nowhere in her sight.

She scribbled down on her notebook as she lifted her feet to comfortably cross her legs in the couch. A sudden knock on the door was heard. Her eyes shot wide open as she hurriedly opened the door, hoping for a towering height figure with manly figure. But, she saw Ilhoon who was hurriedly panting. Her eyes widen as she guided him to the couch as he limply plopped down. Bruises and blood were staining his milky white skin, his lips were not draining pale white. "What happened?" She replied, horrified as she ran to Ilhoon, fanning him with her hands. "Sungjae." He panted. Her eyes narrowed as her heart raced when she heard that certain name, "What happened to him?", "Sungjae and I were caught in a fight. He's alone in the alley. He told me to go, I had nowhere. I need to go here." Her eyes widen, as she dialed a number on her phone.

"Irene, please come over here. I have something to do." She spoke as she hung up with letting Irene respond.

"Sooyoung, no!" Ilhoon was supposed to run after her but he suddenly cursed, falling into his knees as she left her house wearing her pajamas.

In the alley, he is alone. That's what he said. Sooyoung startled running into every alley she could reach. Suddenly, she ran into one. She stopped, as she saw a figure lying limply on the ground. Like Ilhoon, this guy was flooded with bruises and blood. She kneeled down to stare at the immobile figure lying. He didn't even moved a single finger. "Am I supposed to cry?" Sooyoung scoffed as she slapped his chest.

"Ow!" Sungjae suddenly cried as he jolted to sat up, even if his body was completely bruised. She rolled her eyes, and spoke, "What mess are you always getting into!?" She hissed. He laughed, the blood was apparent on the edges of his teeth. "I broke Sungwan's nose." She blinked a couple of times, "What!?", He just responded with a nod and a toothy grin. "You're crazy!" She, once again hit his chest. He hissed in pain, "Do you really have to go into fights?" She exclaimed as her voice raised. He was stunned by her reaction. "Do you really think it's okay to be like that!? It's almost midnight and here you are in the middle of the streets caught up in a fight! What are you, a kid!?" He chuckled as he ruffled her hair, the tears were obviously apparent on her eyes. "Did I make you worry too much?" He laughed as he coughed violently. She wiped her tears away as she halted her slippers at him. He chuckled at her actions, hugging her closer. She scoffed, as she pulled away a little. "Are you drunk?" He shook his head, dazed. "What do I do with you?" She hissed pulling him to stand up.
He was almost stumbling to fall. But, good thing she was there. He was obviously drunk, but he's still a bit sober to see her radiating beauty.

"You're pretty." He slurred on his words as she rolled her eyes as she guided him on her home. She frustratedly groaned as she opened her door, letting him plop on the couch. She surprisingly saw no one at their house even if she was expecting Ilhoon and Irene. Nonetheless, she stared at the drunk guy laying on her couch who was mumbling incoherent words. She sighed, What do I do this this idiot?

She was about to leave him sleeping in the couch when he spoke, "Sooyoung-ah." She turned to him as she sat on the parallel couch, waiting for him to speak. He started mumbling incoherent things to her once again, making her eyelids flutter as if she's bored. "I thought you were going to say something important."

"Am I a monster?"

Those four words caught her heart jumping out of her chest. "How can you tell?" She stuttered on her words as she observed him sitting drunkly on her couch, while beaming her a weak smile. Those bruises and blood on his face were apparently a sign of what a mess he is right now. But, she still couldn't deny how handsome he is. "Just answer me. I'm so used to people calling me a monster. But, how come I'm afraid to see what you think of me?" He chuckled bitterly as he ran his fingers through his hair. Her eyes soften as she continued to observe what he was doing. "You're way too honest. I'm afraid you would be like me." He spoke once again. No, it was you who was way too honest. She bit her lips as she saw the bitter smile of his paired up with teary eyes.

"Sooyoung, answer me." She sighed at his nudge on her heart expecting a real answer. How could she respond? She didn't even consider him as a monster, not even once. She only sees him as a chaotic mess, but not the chaos, really. "I never did." She bluntly replied as she saw his tensed eyes, soften. But, that's when tears started to fall from it. She was surprised to see it. He laughed, as he wiped his tears away all of a sudden. "Thank you." She knitted her eyebrows together by the situation, "Why are you thanking me?"

"Thank you for seeing me as someone, not something." And he went on and on. It was her first time hearing sentimental stories from a guy like him.  He kept on blabbering his feelings, it was not the alcohol that was pushing him to speak. He was being pushed by his trust on her. Despite of his aggressive image, he easily trusts people. He was as soft as he was even before. That's what people never see, and that's something she could only understand.

He wanted to regret opening up his heart once again. But, he was hoping that someone would stay for him this time. He was being pressured as he saw her staring intently at him without uttering a single word. What was she doing, though?
"My father abandoned me, when I was
young." She suddenly spoke, as he darted his eyes on her. Why is she telling me this?

"If it makes you uncomfortable about telling me honesty, we'll be fair enough if I tell you some of my honesty." She muttered as she sat beside him, facing him. He was too shy to even look at her, she could see him now as a weak person. How could he protect her, now?
"Look at me."

He lifted his eyes to meet her gaze,
"Do you think I regret hearing your stories and realizing how childish you are?" He averted his eyes from her, as if she was the bold one in this situation. "I am amazed by your honesty on me. I've never been this honest to people. Not even to Irene or Wendy." She spoke as she continued to gaze at this child-like Sungjae infront of her.

He nodded slowly as he started to retrieve the eye-contact they both had, lately.

She saw the galaxies in his eyes, it was too meaningful and big to explore. She knew she was screwed. But, she smiled nonetheless.

They continued to talk, about nothing and everything. It was the first time he poured his heart to someone. And, it was hers. Despite of the awkward atmosphere around them, he still continued talking about everything he could. Until they both fell asleep on the couch as Sungjae rested his chin on her forehead, carefully wrapping his arms around her petite waist while he let his other arm hang on the thin air below the couch. Even if he was sleeping, Sooyoung was closing her eyes, fully aware of what's happening. Inch by inch, her heart was racing once again. She turned to see his angelic and sleeping face as it drew a smile on her face.

Would I regret if I say that I'm falling to your spell?