22nd Chapter

"What do you think you're doing?" His mom stuttered. "You think that I'll pity you, and your actions?"

"Unbelievable!" Sungjae yelled as he pulled Sooyoung upwards from her position, causing her to struggle and continue to kneel while keeping a straight face. "Please."

Sooyoung remained silent, keeping a straight face with tears falling down from her eyes. "Mom, stop it!" Yeri yelled with her whole voice, causing everyone to shut up and dart their attention to Yeri.

"What's happening here?"

Sungjae's mother turned frozen when she realized it was the voice of her husband. "D... Dad." Yeri muttered.

"Are you Sooyoung?" He asked, while everyone was sitting on the couch with tension rising above the atmosphere. "I am." Sooyoung mumbled, looking down at the floor.
Sungjae heavily sighed, as his palms reach for the surface of her knees, causing her to look at him.
He mouthed, "Are you okay?" She smiled, I am, when I'm with you. But, she could feel the glare of his mother, digging down to her nerves.

"Look, I am Yeri's father. And, I have no authority towards Sungjae. But, I have treated you like my son. And, I would always let you do what makes you happy." He clasped his fingers together, looking directly at Sooyoung.
"You look exactly like your mother." He smiled, adding a fuel to the fire already burning to his wife. "I won't allow it." His mother suddenly spoke.

Sooyoung blinked a couple of times as she closed it once again. "Are you really that desperate, Kim!?" Her husband raised his voice, once again.
"Why are you so affected by the past, mom?" Sungjae stood up, facing his mother. Sooyoung uncomfortably pulled his hand to sit him down, but he just won't budge.

"I'd forget you as my son if you choose to be with that girl, end of story." Kim spoke as she rose from her sit, walking away from the scene. Sooyoung sighed in frustration, jolting down to stand up and bow at them, "I'm sorry for the scene that I've caused." Sungjae finally realized what she was about to talk about, "'I'm not letting you." He spoke as he grabbed her arm. "I can't let you break your relationship with your mother." She gazed towards Yeri and her father, "and with them. Just because of me." She mumbled as she smiled pathetically, "You and I,... this won't work at all. I'm sorry." 

His gaze towards her turned blur, as his grip soften on her arms, letting her go. She tried to avoid the tears from falling, despite of walking slowy. She even had that small hope, that he would run after her.

But this is not a novela that love would choose itself over family.

She finally went outside of the house, as rain started to fall drops on her face.

"Follow her. Let your mom be like that." Yeri's dad spoke. Sungjae stared blankly, "You just can't let another good girl go, like what I did to her mom."

-

She was walking slowly, letting the rain sink down on her. She was staring blankly at the road she was walking through, her eyes were shot wide when she finally noticed that a car was going to run over her.

Waiting for the impact, she closed her eyes.

"Sooyoung!" Two strong arms pulled her away from the road, causing both of them to fall on the empty side of the road.
"S...Sungjae." Her lips trembled from the cold rain, and from the shock.
"Are you okay? Are you even hurt, or is there any wounds?" He repeatedly asked, as his palms turned to cup her face.

Tears started to fall on her eyes, "Stop this. Why are you following me? Go back to your mother, I can't do-" she was cut off, when he impulsively hugged her, tight.
"I just can't let a perfect girl slip from my arms. Not now, not even the day after tomorrow." He whispered, resting his chin on her shoulder.
they sat along the empty road as they let the water sink down to their bodies.

"Why did you do that, are you crazy?" He spoke, letting her gaze upon him.
"I'm supposed to be the one begging you back! Why are you such an idiot? Do you even realize how I hate it when you beg like that? I never let you beg in my arms. Why did you!?", "I'm desperate. I'm desperate to get you back." She mumbled closing her eyes, resting her head to his shoulder. "But still, I hate it!" He yelled. "I've tried everything that I could, I can't get you back." She sobbed into his arms.

"Who told you that I won't take you back?"

"Your mother,..." She trailed off. "I'll be able to fix this when you're with me."

He wrapped his arms around her, tight.
"Please, just stand by me." (A/N: Another song recommendation, Stand By Me by BTOB! ^^)

"What can I do, when you're clinging to me like a baby?" She smiled. He chuckled, leaving a kiss on her forehead.

I'll be able to fight the world, when you're with me.

-

"Why did you call me?" Ms. Park spoke, taking a sip from her tea.

"Tell your daughter to leave my son, alone." Kim spoke as she gazed upon the lady infront of her. "Why do you hate them together?" She retorted.

"I can't let you stay a family with me. Not when you are in the past of ours." She spoke with hatred.
She smiled in reply, closing her eyes. "It's funny how you're the one who hated me. When the truth is, I'm the one betrayed here in the past Kim."

"What are you talking about?" Kim raised an eyebrow.
"Do you remember our friendship? And how you've saved Jung when we've broke up?" Kim slowly nodded, confused at the situation.

"It's because I've noticed that he's drifting away from me, because of you. And, I was your bestfriend.

So I let him go, for I love the both of you."

Kim's throat suddenly dried at the moment.
Why didn't she hate her?

"I've hated you." She spoke bitterly, with a smile on her face.  "But, now that I see your son making my daughter happy... My hate melted. And, I finally realized that love wasn't meant for me, but for your son and my daughter. I've hated you, but never the happiness your son had gave my daughter, my life." She added, letting tears fall on her eyes. Tears started dwelling on Kim's eyes.

She finally felt the guilt and selfishness she had for almost twenty years. That, she haven't even noticed her son and daughter suffering. But, what can she do? She was only afraid to be left alone.

She wanted to die at that moment. Like, everything would be perfectly fine if she fades away.
Thoughts started to eat her away. Until, she felt a familiar palm on her hand. She looked up to see the lady across her,
Her best friend.

"Sohyun, let's start all over again as best friends. Can we? T-then, let's fix everything. Let's go back to normal!" Kim's lips started to tremble, afraid of the rejection. But, Sohyun suddenly smiled,

That smile that soothes a lonely person, like her.