19th Chapter

"Here's your cup of coffee!" Seulgi happily exclaimed as she offered it to the person they never expected to see.

Sooyoung smiled at delight as she saw her mother across Sungjae, who was nervously fiddling with his fingers. "Mom, thanks for coming." Sooyoung spoke all of a sudden as she received a thumbs up from her mother, who was smiling from ear-to-ear. "Sungjae, are you fine?" She giggled, as she nudged over to his shoulder. Sungjae suddenly lifted his shy gaze to Sooyoung, then hurriedly went back down. Her mother stiffled a laugh, "He wasn't like that when we met." Her daughter's eyes widen as she asked, "How did you met?" Sungjae whines as he heavily sighed, causing the two to stiffle a light laugh (adoring on how cute he is.) "A criminal was brought by fate, then, he and his friend went to get my bag." Ms. Park spoke, as she smiled adoringly to the couple in front of her.
"You didn't even mention your girlfriend's name. Now, I know why." She added as she lightly giggled to Sungjae. Sungjae sighed in defeat, avoiding the gaze of the two Parks. How come he is so shy, today? "Really?" Sooyoung questioned as Sungjae nodded slowly, playing the teaspoon dropped in his tea.

"I even wished for you to be with a guy like him. It's funny how you two are together. How come you don't tell your mom about this?" Her mother whines as Sooyoung laughed at her mother's teenage cuteness. Sungjae, slowly adapting to the situation- darted his attention and gaze back to the normal eye level. "How we got together is actually... complicated." Sooyoung mumbled as they awkwardly got an eye contact to each other. "Really? To be honest Sungjae, it was the first time I saw my daughter like this.", "Mom!" Sungjae smiled for the first time, as he spoke, "She's a great girl, thank you for raising her like this." He smiled, as his eyes darted to Joy who was blushing madly at his statement, which causes him to laugh.
Ms. Park smiled at the two communicating with their eyes, remembering those times when she thought that Sooyoung would never dare to take relationships. "I'm happy to know that my daughter made a great decision.", "I should thank her for bearing with me." He mumbled as Sooyoung's heart kept on fluttering with his words. What are you doing? "So, what's your full name dear?" Sungjae's eyes suddenly dilated as he took his gaze, suspiciously away from Ms. Park. Sooyoung noticed the awkward atmosphere all of a sudden, as she was the one to speak, "Yook Sungjae is his name, mom."

Her mother's expression suddenly changed, as she tried to bear a smile. "Small world." She mumbled to herself, averting her gaze from the couple. "What's wrong?" Sooyoung curiously asked, "I just remembered something." Ms. Park spoke awkwardly, as Sungjae released a deep sigh. "Is that so?" Sooyoung suspiciously asked her mother, not used to her.

The awkward tension was suddenly cut off when Sungjae's phone rang. "Hello?", "what the fuck! Where are you? Your mom is here in the airport!" His eyebrows furrowed together, "What?", "Do I need to repeat myself? Your mom is looking for you!" , "Tell her I can't come, bye." He suddenly hang up. "Any problem?" Sooyoung asked, placing her hand above his. Ms. Park suddenly had her eyes narrowed, and her eyebrows knitted together. Sungjae looked over her mother's eyes, completely reading the message conveyed. "My mother is here." His throat suddenly dried at the thought. Sooyoung's eyes lighten up as she smiled, "That's great!" But her smile faltered when she saw his worried expression. "What's wrong?" Sungjae shook his head, giving out a small smile. "I'm just surprised, don't worry.", "Go fetch your mom at the airport, she might find you." Ms. Park spoke all of a sudden, beaming a smile. Sungjae sighed in defeat, "Thankyou Ms. Park, I'll see you later." Sungjae whispered to Sooyoung, leaving a peck on her cheeks.

Sooyoung watched Sungjae walked gloomily away from the cafè. She turned her attention to her mother who was completely out of the mood, "Mom, are you not saying something to me?" Her mom sighed heavily, "It's nothing dear. With Sungjae, I hope both of you are doing well." Sooyoung nodded, "We're fine, mom. Trust me.", "You just can't rely a future with him." Her eyebrows suddenly furrowed, "What do you mean, mom? I mean, one minute you're fine with him and then now, what?", "I mean, both of you are too young and I know you two can do better, and if time comes you've decided it's not right, just don't attach yourself too much. It might hurt you so much, my daughter.", "Mom, why are you saying this all of a sudden?"

She sighed in defeat, "Because, I've known his mother. I know that she wouldn't approve your relationship at all. She hates me, and for sure- I won't love to see her hurting you.", "Why do you know each other?"

"Because her husband is my past lover."

-

"Why are you here?" He coldly walked closer to her as his mom leaved a smile, "Aren't you happy to see me, my dear?" He rolled his eyes, "Spill. What's the reason?"
His mom shook her head, "I just wanted a good rest, that's why I came back. Let's have a cup of coffee, shall we? Eunkwang, come with us." Eunkwang suddenly gazed upon Sungjae, who wasn't currently in his right mind.

"You should've called Yeri, I'm busy." Sungjae spoke as his gaze lowered down to the coffee they were drinking. "Busy about, what?" His mom asked all of a sudden, looking at Eunkwang and Sungjae back and forth. He was suddenly taken back with the question, worried whether he would talk about his girlfriend or not. Eunkwang sighed in worry as he spoke, "He's busy with-", "With her girlfriend?" Sungjae slammed his hands on the desk, "What about her? Don't you dare take her away from me." His mom raised an eyebrow, "I was just asking, why are you so hot-headed?", "Because I hate you. That's why."

His mom chuckled, "That doesn't change the fact that I'm your mother.", Eunkwang bowed slowly as he escaped from the situation, gesturing Sungjae to contact him. "That doesn't make you have the authority over me. The fact that you left my father could also be the way for me to leave you.", "But, I can ruin your girlfriend's life. Doesn't that scare you?" His mom smiled in victory, causing Sungjae's pupil to dilate. "Don't you dare to lay a finger on her!"

"I won't. If you obey my condition.", "What condition?" He asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Break up with her."