17th Chapter

"Stay still." A morning was filled with laughter inside a certain girl named Sooyoung's apartment.

"Can't you even stay still?" He hissed in frustration, trying to wrap his arms around her waist, while they were busy lazing around her bed in the apartment. She laughed, yanking his arm away as she lay down beside him, wrapping her slim arms around his shoulder. He stared at the beautiful girl beside her, while he beamed a very meaningful smile. It's been fluent that he's been flashing honest smiles ever since. Thanks to her. Her heart flutters whenever those lips curve upwards, because of her. "Hey." He spoke, which made her look up to him. "Why?" She asked as she sat up.

"Did you wash your hair?"

He earned another slap in the arm.

-

"Finally. Hallelujah, praise the Lord!" Irene jokingly bowed politely infront of Sooyoung as she received a light smack on the back of her neck from Wendy. She quickly muttered an apology which causes Sooyoung to laugh. "So, he finally confessed to you." Wendy beamed a small smile as they walked into the canteen. Sooyoung nodded in response, as she tried to refrain the smile forming on her face. "My baby is finally in love!" Irene cried dramatically, grabbing the two into a tight hug. Of course, with the sound of Wendy complaining. "It's not like I would grow up as an old lady who never fell inlove." Sooyoung mumbled as her eyes landed on the group of guys which includes the guy he adored. Suddenly, a long whistle comes from one of them as it spoke, "Sungjae, here's your lover!" Sungjae landed his eyes on her figure as his expression changed from neutral to who-knows-what-that-aura means. He hurriedly pulled her arm as she sat down on the empty seat beside him. Wendy and Irene followed along, having a seat beside Eunkwang and Ilhoon, who was already having a talk with them. "Have you eaten?" He whispered, shaking her hand gently. She giggled at the thoughtful action and mouthed, "I was supposed to."

"My fingers are curling with these two love birds beside me. Take me away from them." Hyunsik muttered, playfully curling his fingers in the hand. Everyone passing by them were curiously observing the situation. Knowing that these boys causes a lot of trouble, how come these three nerds and academic slayers are beside them? Oh right. Sungjae and Sooyoung.

Sungjae scoffed at the sudden situation, before smiling over the girl who lights up his life. She smiled back in shyness. The group was happily discussing things to eachother. Except for a single person beside Wendy, Eunkwang. Wendy noticed the difference of the atmosphere within Sungjae and Eunkwang. She nudged his shoulders, as he darted his direction towards Wendy. "What is it?" He snapped roughly, which causes Wendy to narrow her eyes at him. "Why do you always have to snap at me?" She yelled softly, as if snapping to only him. Eunkwang was taken back with her statement as he sighed in frustration, "I'll talk to you later." Wendy rolled her eyes, as if ending the conversation so quickly. Sungjae saw how the situation happened, and quickly nudged Sooyoung about what he saw. "What is it?" She asked. Sungjae shook his head, placing his hand above hers.

She smiled at his action, leaving a space between her fingers to let him grasp tighter to her. "But, do you see how Hyunsik and Seulgi got closer than before?" Peniel happily added, causing everyone in the group to divert their attention to Hyunsik. He stiffled a laugh, as he placed his chopsticks at the table, "I'm planning to talk to her."

Ilhoon let out a loud whoo! Before clapping happily, "Wow, Joy and Sungjae are sure a luck to us!" Sungjae shook his head, stiffling a light laugh, No. She is the luck in me.

-
"Spill." Wendy stomped her feet off the desk as she roughly sat down at the coffee table across Eunkwang. "I'm worried." Eunkwang let out a heavy sigh as his eyes sharply turned to the view outside the window of the cafe. "Why are you?" Wendy asked bluntly, avoiding the conversation to be longer than what it is supposed to be.
"I'm worried about how Sungjae and Joy would work now that his mother is on her way back to Korea." Wendy's eyesbrows furrowed together as she asked, "Why, shouldn't she be happy? Her son was already having a serious relationship. How can she be disappointed with it?" Eunkwang sighed in defeat as he gestured, "His mom wanted a specific girl for her. But, that's not the main problem Wendy." Wendy hissed, "Then what the hell is it?" , "Yeri's father was in the past relationship of Joy's mother." Wendy's eyes widen as she shook her head in disbelief, "It can't be. You're making things up. It's just a misunderstanding." Wendy denied the fact that the typical twists in this world are currently happening.
"The number of Joy's mother and the number inside Yeri's father's cellphone was accurate with eachother. And the fact that their family has held a lot of companies either in Korea or New York could be the way in order to investigate those things. And you know what? His mother was really obsessed with their current father right now. She would even neglect Sungjae, for some reasons." Wendy's eyes widen in disbelief, " Yes, she's a heartless woman. She's as selfish like Sungjae before. I'm glad that Joy came and even changed him. It really horrified me to know that piece of news, do Happy endings and Yook Sungjae match? I'm telling you. When it's about Kim Yook, you need to watch out. " He added, worried for their younger friend.

Wendy sighed in confusion,
My best friend didn't deserve this.

-

"Are you sleepy?" He muttered leaning his head on her shoulder. She shook her head lightly as she shoved mouthful pieces of popcorn in Sungjae's mouth. "Do you think the main character would die?" She asked, her eyes were focused on the screen. "Nope, that's bullshit for a movie." He muttered twirling his fingers along with hers. She scoffed at his childish acts, but smiled nonetheless.

"Sooyoung." He sang while his eyes closed for a split second. "Yes?" She lowered the volume in the television, darting her attention towards him. "If anybody told you to break up with me, would you?" She knitted her eyebrows together. "What?" He laughed, "We're not even official. You didn't even respond to my confession!" He retorted all of a sudden, shutting the television off. Her cheeks were suddenly tinted with pink as she outbursted with embarassment, "Wh-why all of a sudden!?" He scoffed, "Better be thankful! I'm the very first one to confess like this. Consider yourself lucky that a dream guy like me falls for you!" He really knew ways on how to lighten up the mood. She blinked a couple of times as she awkwardly tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, "Well, I..." He stared at her blushing face, as he showed off a smirk, being amused at her cuteness. "Say it." He whined softly, pressing his forehead on hers. She hummed softly, "Yeah, I... I love you." She whispered, avoiding his intense gaze. He smiled at her shy confession, but those three words felt like magic to him. He left light, weird and fluffy. But in the end, he knew he was happy.

He pressed his lips to hers for a short time, which lifted her gaze to meet his. "Say it again, with my name." She sighed silently, "I love you, Sungjae." She mumbled as his lips caught hers, again. "Again." He mumbled to her lips. "Sungjae, I'm in love with you." He smiled in content, completely pressing his lips on hers for the last time.
She sighed in content,

"I love you too, Sooyoung."