11th Chapter

She silently walked into the hallway, completely oblivious of the happenings on her background. She sighed at thought of upcoming final examinations. Since, she couldn't catch up with all the lessons due to the chaos happening to her life.

She was used to going home right after school ends- before. Unlike now, where she would always end up with him or somewhere related to him. She groaned in frustration as she accidentally bumped to someone. "Oh, Changsub." She greeted, while Changsub snickered wrapping an arm around her shoulder, "What does our little Sooyoung thinking about?" She shook her head as she sighed heavily. Changsub took her sigh seriously, as he turned to face her. "Is there a problem?" Sooyoung shrugged her shoulders as Changsub narrowed his eyes at her. "Is it about Sungjae?" It's always about him, Changsub-ssi. " She went to the nearby window at the hallway to see Sungjae on his Physical Education class. Changsub, as well turned his back, leaning to the large window as he spoke, "Are you taking eachother seriously?", "Huh? What are you talking about, Changsub?" He snickered and shook his head. "Don't leave him hanging, Sooyoung. If you ever want to give up at his ass, talk to me first." Sooyoung uncomfortably blinked as she was about to ask. But, Changsub already turned his back to hers walking away.

She seems to have a habit of sighing ever since he came to her life.

-
"Sooyoung!" A voice snapped her train of thoughts.

Sooyoung, Irene and Wendy are now currently inside the university's library. It's only a few weeks left before the finals. "Huh?" She asked naively as Wendy and Irene looked at eachother. "Are you fine?" Irene asked with concern as she placed her hand above Sooyoung's. She responded with a weak smile as she flipped the page of her Calculus book, "Yes. I'm just thinking about some few things.", "You could tell us, Joy." Wendy emphasized the nickname of hers. Sooyoung averted her gaze from both of her friends as she spoke, "I'm confused." Wendy gulped as she raised her eyebrow, "Are you falling for him, Sooyoung?" Her eyes widen from the question as she clasped her hands together, raising an eye-contact with Irene and Wendy, "I don't know." Wendy placed her palm on her forehead as she sighed, "I'm right." Sooyoung closed her eyes as she pursed her lips together. "I'm pretty sure that you need to be ready if he feels the same." Sooyoung shook her head, "I don't need him to reciprocate the feelings. I'm contented on being with him." Irene's eyes soften as she eyed her best friend, "I'm pretty sure he had the same thing for you, Sooyoung.", "Don't assume on things. It would hurt you if it doesn't come out like that." Wendy spoke as she bit her lips.

"Sooyoung, I know I'm straight-forward in telling things. Please, remember. We all are best friends, I just wanted the best for the both of you." Sooyoung eyed Wendy as she smiled weakly. It was actually refreshing to hear their rough friend realizing her thoughts about them. "I'm happy to have you both by my side.", "How could we avoid your happiness? It was the first time our Sooyoung having feelings." Irene chuckled lightly as Wendy laughed along. "You're right, our baby is growing up. I can't believe this." She playfully removed an invisible tear away from her eye. "if he didn't catch you, I'll kick his ass." Wendy added, once again. Sooyoung observed both of her friends. They're my happy pills, they were the people who would always be there for me. And, I'm willing to take the risk if I know I have them by my side.

"But, Sooyoung. Could you understand this problem?" Dumbfounded, she narrowed her eyes at the question.

"I probably don't."

-

"So, you're busy studying for the finals?" Sungjae asked as they marched along the side-walk. "And, I'm completely confused on why we keep walking instead of taking my car." Sooyoung laughed as she stared at the night sky while walking with him. "I'm really busy on studying. I need to attain my honors despite of you pestering me." She bluntly replied as he stiffled a laugh. "I am quite confident about my studies." She rolled her eyes, "As if you go to school three times a week!" He thumped on her forehead, "Do you want to bet on me, this time?" She reached out to wrestle with his arm as he laughed, "For your information, I'm the first honor in our batch." He snickered, "Then, I'm taking it!" she hissed as she slapped his arm. He loved the way her expression changes by his actions. He needs to be careful of the weird sensation happening inside him whenever she was around.

"Sooyoung." He placed his arm above her head as she shot him a glare causing him to laugh, "Let's study." She raised her eyebrow, "Wow, is that you Sungjae?", "Let's study while drinking beer." He added as her delightened expression faltered by his statement. "Haven't you drank beer?" He suddenly asked as they marched through a near-by convinient store. "I haven't. But, I'm curious." He pushed the door of the store as they walked inside. He was earning  few stares from girls as she curiously walked through the section of beers. "Sooyoung, there's a cute lady over there." Sungjae decided to tease her a little as he noticed her eyes gleamed from the view of beers infront of her. She blankly stared at the cans as she asked, "What?" He scoffed as he wrapped his arms around her, making her turn to the girl he was pertaining to. Sooyoung tried to draw her attention to the lady he was talking about. But, she suddenly grabbed a can of beer averting her attention from the situation. Sungjae was completely dumbfounded at her reaction, She didn't even look at her! He chuckled at her diverse reaction. She's really different. "I'm paying it." He was about to take the can from her hand when she released her fist. He questionably looked at her fist as she spoke, "Rock, paper, scissors. Bet on beers." Laughing from the unexpected answer he also released his fist matching hers, "Wow, your fist is really small compared to mine.".

-

They went to her house as Sooyoung lost on their little game on the convinient store, making Sungjae laugh at her reaction. It was the first time they both spend their time together normally. Without any dramas, just pure happiness.

Right after opening her house, he ran to the couch as he lay down to it. "Sooyoung, would you still play that game on me? You suck." He yelled from the living room at her inside the kitchen. "Oh, really? You just got lucky. Now, let's study." She placed two cans of beer with a bowl of popcorn as he pulled her down to sit beside him.
"Let's start." He spoke as he took a sip from the beer. He drew his attention to hers as she stared at the can. "Why don't you try to drink on it?" She nodded slowly as she tried to take a sip, until she unexpectedly pulled the can away from her lips as she retorted, "It's bitter!" He smiled at her innocent reaction, thinking it was pure and natural enough for a simple girl. Gosh, Sooyoung. I think I'm slowly falling for you.

She tried to take another sip as her expression turned bitter as well as the beer she was drinking.

Few hours already passed by and they were already studying the notes they have written.

She started taking notes about his diverse characteristics. It was being different from their very first meeting. On their first meeting, he was scary and full of playboy attitude. But, ever since those months pass by, she could notice the change in him. She didn't even expect that a day like this would come. Her thoughts were interrupted when she felt his head bump onto her shoulder, as if a sign he was falling into sleep. She drew her attention to his sleeping figure, as she placed his head on her shoulder, leaning on the couch. She rested her head on his as she mumbled, "Am I finally changing you, Sungjae?" she chuckled lightly as she flipped on her notes, hoping he wouldn't hear her question. Cause If I do, you don't have to leave me, anymore.

Without any knowledge, a smile was crept to his sleeping face as he thought, Yes. You were finally changing me.