18th Chapter

"What the hell, couple shirt!?"

Seulgi yelled as she slapped Sungjae's arm. "why, don't girls like this?" He retorted in defense, slowly releasing the couple shirt he both had in his arms. "Have you bought couple shirts to every flings you had?" She muttered, annoyed. Sungjae laughed as he scratched at the back of his neck, "Well, few of them...", "Idiot! Then buy something diverse from them."

"My heart." (Please someone unfold my cringing fingers while I write this.) Seulgi rolled her eyes as he earned another smack, "When is her birthday, by the way?","September three, tomorrow." Seulgi clapped in amusement, "And now you know her birthday. What's next, would you marry her?" Sungjae laughed, "I would.", "You're great. But, what about your family side?" He scoffed, "Never mind them. Hey, would she like a headband?"

"I'm sure that she would choose food over girly stuffs, Sungjae.", "You're right." They were busy rummaging through the whole store. Obviously hoping that Sooyoung would not be there at the same time. Time had surely passed by, an officer suddenly ran over their direction, asking, "Have you seen a man with a green cap over his head, bringing a black bag?" Sungjae and Seulgi confusedly shook their heads, "Why?" The office shook his head, "A criminal, that's why. Thank you kids!" He suddenly ran away to find the criminal.

Sungjae curiously peeked over the chaos happening, as he suddenly saw a guy with the same features that was asked before. Seulgi nudged over his shoulder, seeing the same scenario. "Stay still." He muttered to Seulgi before running over the sections, hurriedly grabbing the man who seems to struggle over his hold, "Officer, is he the criminal!?" Seulgi suddenly yelled as they caught the officer and crowd's attention.

"Both of you are a big help." The officer smiled at them, while smacking the criminal behind his neck. "It's not a big deal." Sungjae smiled as he spoke, "Let's go Seul." They were supposed to walk away from the emergency office, until a lady at her 50's suddenly walked over to gently grab on Sungjae's arm. He curiously peeked over the direction as Seulgi whispered, "She might be the owner of the bag.", "Oh Ms. Park, they were the ones who helped us reach for this idiot. You should thank them the most, we are only the people responsible for handling them." The cop explained, as he gestured over to Sungjae and Seulgi. Sungjae raised his eyebrow to the surname given, Park?

The lady smiled over to them, "Thank you for your big help. May I treat you to lunch?"

Sungjae and Seulgi looked at eachother, okay.

"I came from Jeju, I was actually heading over to my daughter's university." The lady smiled kindly to both of them. Completely awkward, Sungjae was actually suspicious of her. "Does she knew that you would come?", "No, I was going to surprise her. Are both of you in a relationship?" She suddenly asked, causing both of them to laugh and deny the question. "We're not. My girl friend is actually in her university right now. She's actually a smart and decent one. Beside me is my best friend, she's helping me to buy gifts for her." The lady tilted her head in confusion, "From the way you describe your girl, it seems like she resembles my daughter so much." Sungjae's eyes widen, "Really?", "Yes. She's a study bug, I don't even know if my daughter is currently in a relationship right now. But, you see- those type of people are mostly keepers. I can even see your bestfriend here being in a picture of love with others. You both look like keepers, too." Wow, she speaks like a great senior in life of love. "Then, can you help us pick a gift?" Seulgi excitedly asked, hoping for a yes. The lady smiled and nodded, "Why not? I'm also buying my daughter a gift. Her birthday is near. Shall we all go together?", "Wow, thank you!" Sungjae smiled in delight.

"To be honest, I felt like my daughter would have a boyfriend, I'd want it to be a guy like you young man." The lady spoke out of nowhere. Seulgi was busy on the other counter, looking for gifts. While, Ms. Park and Sungjae were having a conversation. Sungjae chuckled in happiness, "That's so nice of you, Ms. Park. Am I right?" She smiled at him, as her wrinkles turned transparent to her eyes. Despite of the little imperfections showing through her face, he couldn't deny that she had the looks, and maybe her daughter looks beautiful. His mind suddenly went to Sooyoung. "Young man, what is your name?", "Sungjae, ma'am." She nodded, as she smiled. "You should take a simple necklace for her. The one with pearls, even if your girl is a study bug- she'd surely love pearls." He nodded slowly, taking a piece of necklace, "Like this?"

"Yes."

-

"Do you want to have a ride with us? Just tell me where your daughter studies, ma'am." Sungjae asked the lady. Seulgi suddenly smiled at the kind gesture Sungjae had been showing since lately. Ms. Park shook her head, "It's fine. I can manage. I hope God blesses both of you, to live a happy life with your loved ones. Thank you, you really helped a lot." she smiled, waving her hand. Sungjae smiled at her, "Thank you for your kindness, Ms. Park. I hope to see you soon." He smiled, waving back as both of them (Seulgi) went inside his car.

"She's a nice woman." Seulgi smiled as Sungjae started the engine. "Yeah, I felt like she has a great daughter. She seemed nice in every aspect." Seulgi nodded in response, "When will you ever meet Joy's mother? I feel like she had the vibes of Ms. Park." Sungjae stiffled a laugh, "it's funny because Sooyoung also had a surname of Park." Seulgi's eyes widen in amusement, "Really? That's a kind of cool incident."
They suddenly dropped by to his university.

"Are your classes finished?" Sungjae asked through the phone. "I'm almost there." They heard her spoke. Seulgi smiled in excitement, "After that, let's drop by on my shop. I'd treat both of you." Sungjae smiled giving a thumbs up to his best friend. "Is Seulgi there?" , "Yes, she's here." He heard the excitement in her foot steps, going downstairs. He chuckled at her gestures, despite of not seeing her.

"See you in a minute." He hanged up, currently excited about the surprise he was going to pull through. His eyes suddenly darted to the lady outside who was currently waiting outside of the campus. "Ms. Park?" He hurriedly went out of a car, telling Seulgi to stay in a bit. "Ms. Park!" He shouted. In surprise, Ms. Park stiffled a light laugh, "Your girlfriend studies here?" He nodded, smiling. "I'll let you meet her." He added, showing a thumbs up. She smiled, "I'll be surely glad to meet such a lucky young lady who belongs to you." He beamed a smile to the kind lady, "I'm the lucky one to have her." Amused, Ms. Park just showed off a smile.

She hurriedly ran downstairs, obviously excited to see her lover and even her friend. Until she saw a familiar figure, with her boyfriend. She ran hurriedly away from the campus. Is she seeing the right thing?

"Mom?" She yelled as the lady turned to her. Sungjae's eyes widen all of a sudden as his eyes exchanged to Ms. Park and Sooyoung.

"She's your mom?"
Sooyoung, amazingly walked slowly to them as she nodded. Ms. Park laughed, "Oh my, this is a small world!"

-

A/N: And cut! Woah, 1.48k views and 100+ votes. Thank you guys! I've finally finished this chapter. So, I'm giving you guys warning for the next following chapters guys. It might melt your heart or even your eyes with tears if possible. I hope you continue supporting this story! And like what I've said- only a few chapters to go before it ends. I'm currently in a rest for like two days. So, I'll try to upload more chapters than usual. That's all! Have a nice day/night to everyone! Lots of love!