20th Chapter

"What's your plan?" Wendy waved her hands infront of Sooyoung. "I don't know. My mom is insisting me to break up with him. I just can't." Sooyoung placed both of her hands to run through her hair. She heaved a deep sigh as she twirled the ballpen in her fingers. "I didn't expect that both of you would come to this." Irene spoke, fiddling with her fingers, as they all walk through the nearby store.

"I can't disobey my mother. I just needed time, if things won't work out." Sooyoung fanned herself with her hand, avoiding the tears from falling. "Sooyoung, even if she is your mother, they both needed to forget the past and let both of you be happy. Did you even see how both of you changed for the better?" Wendy retorted. "And, do you see how happy both of you are compared to the past?" Irene added, clasping her hands with Sooyoung.

She replied with a sniff, "I don't know."

On the other side, Sungjae slammed the door."Why would I break up with her!?" He threw his bag at his bed, retorting to his friends. "You just can't overpower your mother. If that's the case, it's Sooyoung who would suffer."

"Hyung, she wouldn't suffer if she's with me." He replied while twisting his fingers together. "Stop acting selfish. She's at the verge of danger if you continue this." Minhyuk retorted, "Did you even remember what she did with you and Stephanie in New York?" Sungjae hissed in response, "Stop bringing her in. It was Sooyoung we were talking about.", "Sungjae, you just can't force it." Peniel sighed heavily, clasping his fingers together.

"What do you want?" Sungjae replied, "For me to break up with Sooyoung? This looks like a fucking drama series and I hate why people watch those!", "If you don't let her go, it's not only you who would feel the pain." Eunkwang muttered, looking down on the floor.

Yeri suddenly slammed the door open, grabbing Sungjae's arm, "Sungjae, are you that selfish!? Don't you even know how dangerous it is? I warned both of you!", "What do you know!?" He yanked his sister's arm away. "I know our mother's evil plans. You know she's like that! You know that she's obsess with dad, yet you still put dad's past lover's daughter in danger. You're selfish!", "How come loving is selfish?", "You know that mom will do everything to separate both of you, right?"
His eyes widen, as he ran downstairs, continously knocking on his mother's door.

Once his mother opened the door, he quickly grasped on her arms, "What did you do!?" He yelled. His mother's eyes widen in disbelief, "Are you telling me that you'd choose that girl over me, anytime!?", "Don't you dare to lay a finger on her!" He was supposed to aim for a huge slap, but he forced his self to stop. "You're still my mother even if you're a demon." He sighed in defeat, putting his hand down, letting her go.

"If I let go, would you stop?" His mother didn't reply, surely surprised at the situation.

He closed his eyes, avoiding the tears from falling.

"Give me a last day with her. And you'll never see us together, again."

-

(A/N: Probably recommending all of you to listen on Last Day by BTOB on repeat while reading the words along.)

"Where are we going?" Sooyoung laughed in disbelief at his energetic self today. "Somewhere peaceful." Sungjae chuckled as he bent down infront of her. "Hop on." Suddenly taken back, Sooyoung replied, "What, are you crazy!?" She yelled. He laughed as his hands motioned her to hop on, "Hurry, it's only once in a lifetime." Sooyoung shrugged at his response, This is your last day with him, make sure to make it worth it. She sighed heavily, "Fine." She suddenly jumped into his back out of nowhere, causing him to groan playfully, receiving a slap from her. "I'm kidding. Let's go!" He laughed, running to the nearby park.

"It's beautiful, here." Sooyoung looked around in wonder. "This is the place where I spend my time. Thank me, cause you're the first one I brought here." He smiled, causing her to smile back. I'll miss your smile, Sungjae. Never did she knew, it was the same thought he had for her. Silence filled the surroundings around them. But, for the first time, they felt contented. She broke the eye-contact, plopping down on the grass near the lake. He followed her, as he lay down beside her. They spend a couple of minutes, staring at nowhere. Thinking about the person beside them, and how they should start over without each other. She tried to avoid the tears falling from her eyes. At the corner of her eyes, she noticed that he was staring at her, without saying anything.

Sungjae was busy memorizing her features. Those features that would comfort him when the next day finally comes. Probably, no one would be sitting across him on the bed after her. She finally turned her head to look at him. But in surprise, he didn't turn away. Instead, he gazed at her eyes. Those eyes that will never meet him after this day. "You're beautiful." He mumbled, smiling. She smiled at him. Who would call me beautiful after this day? She sighed, "I know." He stiffled a laugh, "Should we stay like this?", "Hey! You said you would spend this day with me." Sooyoung retorted as she sat down, gazing at him. He sat down also, "I know! Let's go to my house." He winked, her face reddened, "Idiot, let's go." He stood up first before her. She stood up as well, and he suddenly grabbed her hand gently causing her heart to skip a beat. He gently smiled at her once again, "Let's go?"

They spend the whole time in his house, doing everything they could possibly do. Food fights, watching late night movies, playing hide and seek- everything. As if everything was going to end in a minute. He plopped down on his bed, laughing. While she stared at him, having her hands on her hips. He smirked at her, "You really suck at games." She rolled her eyes, "As if you are better! "I'm hungry." He stood up, "Shall I cook?" She asked. He stood for a minute, thinking it would probably his last time having a meal she did. "Sure, let's go down." He wrapped both of his arms around her waist, as she stiffled a laugh.

Even if she was busy with cooking, he was still behind her, looking at her. "You're really beautiful." She smiled half-heartedly. She would surely long for those words. He left a sudden kiss on her cheek, as she smiled. "It's almost done."

They ate in silence, as he kept on peeking a stare at the girl in front of her. She knew that he was staring at her. She didn't know how to end things up, she just can't.
"It's almost 10:00 PM. I'll take you home, now." He reluctantly spoke, standing up stiffly from his sit. She closed her eyes, counting one to ten.

He look at her, with curiousity. "Is there something wrong?" Because, something is, with me. She opened her eyes as he saw those pool of hazel eyes, once again. "Let me stay." She mumbled slowly standing up, as her eyes dwelled up with tears. "Are you okay?" He hesistantly asked, because he wasn't okay. And he knew there was something wrong with her. She shook her head, "For this night."

It hit him, They both knew what's coming for tomorrow. He tilted his head up, beaming a smile while tears fell from his eyes. "For this night." He repeated her words.

For this night.

They spend the night together, tangled to each other. Savoring the moments, they thought would last until tomorrow. He didn't wanted to close his eyes, he didn't want to end everything. And they both knew it too well. But, he felt asleep nonetheless. Since, having her beside him is the only way to comfort him.

Morning came, he yawned as his eyes opened. His eyes landed to the empty space, that was supposed to be hers.

She left.