5th Chapter

Those words of his keep replaying on her head. And she can't seem to avoid it from going back in her mind. It was too good to believe that those words are actually coming from him.

Did something happened before he turned like that? No, maybe he was just a pure asshole. Scratch it! I'm fucking curious!

She plopped down on the bed as she sighed rubbing her eyes. What does he meant by it? Is there something in the past bothering him? Is it the way she acts, why is she even curious?

"There's really something off with that guy. And, I need to know why." She stood up on her bed as she brushed her hair, tying it up in a ponytail. Her phone suddenly rang all of a sudden. "Hello?"

"I've been here for like 45 minutes, miss. Are you still alive!?" That voice, "How did you-", "Just go down. I'm fucking freezing outside." She rolled her eyes as hang up running downstairs.

She opened her door as he turned from his car to see her. He suddenly bursted out laughing, "What?" Sooyoung frowned as he informally went inside her apartment. "So you just woke up?" Sungjae asked tapping her shoulder. She nodded rubbing her eyes, while sending a glare at him. "You should've fixed yourself. You look like a mess." He snickered plopping down to her couch. "Well, excuse me. Who are you, the president? And besides, I just woke up." She retorted while heading inside the bathroom.

He laughed at her naive and innocent actions, she was way different from the girls that he had dated. All of the girls were wearing almost 10 pounds of make up. Some of them even took more than an hour just to glam theirselves up. But in the end, they were all for a one night lay. Nothing more. But, he was amazed for the way she introduced herself to him with raw physical features. He even realized that he haven't seen her wearing even a liptint. After a couple of minutes, she went out of the bathroom as he darted his eyes to her. He was flustered when he saw her face. Even if she just washed her face and made her hair into a bun, she seemed fresh. Her skin seems like illuminating from being white. And to add, it was fair and natural. Did he just realized how beautiful her natural look was?

He shook his head from the thoughts rummaging in it. Focus, Yook!
"What brings you here?" She asked while stretching out her arms. "I searched through your documents, and I just thought to take a look at your place." He grinned widely. "Eh, whatever. I'm cooking breakfast, might as well suit yourself in here." She went in the kitchen. He was surprised from her statement, "I'm kidding. I brought some breakfast." He stood up walking to the kitchen, bringing his food inside the paper bag. "Really?" Sooyoung asked in a monotone as she turned to him. He nodded as he plopped the paper bag on her dining desk. "Fast foods aren't good in the morning." She responded heating up the pan. He rolled his eyes, "You're like a mom. Why don't you-" he was cut off when Sooyoung went to him, stuffing a wheat bread in his mouth. "Eat that later when you've ate breakfast." He glared at her as he muched through the bread. "Sit there, I told you I'll cook." He nodded as he watched her walk through the stove.

He was amused. Everything she was doing was something he had never experienced in the past. Most of the girls would love it when he had done this. But, he was surprised that she rejected his offer. And to note that she even started cooking infront of him. "Are you showing me that in able to marry me?" He snickered sneaking behind her to see what she's cooking.

She scoffed, "In your dreams. I actually cook well for a nerd." She emphasized the word that he had called her in the first meeting. He chuckled at her cuteness, "I'll see it later. That'll dictate our future. If you cook well, I'll marry you." She rolled her eyes, "Please stop saying cringe-worthy things. I won't fall for that." She muttered as she turned off the stove. "Kimchi rice?" His eyes widen from her choice. "It's normal for our age to cook things like these." She muttered as she scooped a tablespoon of kimchi rice. Without any say, she shoved the tablespoon inside Sungjae's mouth.

He slowly munched the cooked rice as he processed in his mind that it was her cooking. "Hey, it's awesome." His eyes glisten from speaking. She laughed at his childish attitude, "I already told you I'm great at it." She went towards the dining desk as he sat down faster. "Eat up." She spoke as she sat down, as well. "I'll marry you." Sungjae spoke as he ate a mouthful of her cooking. Sooyoung rolled her eyes, once again. "Marry your ass." He laughed at her response as he shoved another bite on his mouth. "This is way better than fast food." He spoke. "Don't your mother cook for you?" Sooyoung asked as she took a spoonful of rice as she ate. He shook his head, "I live alone. So, I eat fast foods everyday." Sooyoung raised an eyebrow, "Really? That sucks. How come you're still healthy for punching people with just fast foods?" She started to blabber about the bad effects of fast foods. He laughed in amusement as he responded, "I suck at cooking.", "give it a try. It doesn't hurt." Sooyoung said as she drank from her cup. Probably, someday. "Maybe." He shortly replied as he grabbed the soda cup. He was surprised when she slapped his arm. "That's unhealthy!" He scratched at the back of his head as he stiffled a laugh, "Okay, okay." He grabbed the pitcher of water as he pour some onto an empty cup.
Might as well obey this lady, in here.

"Maybe the reason why you don't want me to eat those fast foods is because you wanted it." Sungjae spoke as they walk on the sidewalk. Sooyoung slapped his arm, "You told me you eat that everyday. What do you digest, chemicals?", "Aish. You're scaring the crap out of me, you're over reacting.", "You can eat in restaurants, but never trust fast foods!" She dramatically spreads out her arm. He beamed a small smile as he realized how cute she is. "You know, it's great to see you have a dumb side." Sooyoung spoke. "What!?" Sungjae yelled. "You look dumb, and to even add you're dumber because you even eat fast foods!", "Well, sorry for not being able to cook!" He retorted. "You can learn that, anytime. But you always learn how to punch in hundred ways." She muttered.

He shrugged at her responses. How come this girl never swoons whenever I hit on her? She's weird. "You know, I sometimes think you are not a girl." She look at him, horrified and questionable. "What do you mean?", "You don't even blush or what so ever. I'm starting to think that I'm seeing a transgender guy who is finally regretting having a sex change." She shot him a glare as she raised her hand, as if gesturing him to stay away from her magical slapping hand. "I'm kidding!" He rose his arms in defeat. "Because, I'm not like those girls that would fall for jerks like you."

He laughed, "You'll eat your words, Sooyoung. I'm warning you." He sang as they reached the university. "Yeah, right. I'm different." She rolled her eyes walking faster in front of him.

He stood there for a minute and nodded, "Yeah, different."