12th Chapter

Sungjae bit the edge of his pen.
He hissed, Why am I being soft?

"You shouldn't be like this." He whispered to his self. It's been a few days since he realized he's not being his usual self. He doesn't go in the bar for like three days. Which normally kills him when he couldn't for a day. He doesn't even get to drink alcohol for like a month. He's only drinking coffee and beverages like a normal teenager. Beer would be probably his worst one in this case. He hissed once again, What's with me?
"You seem busy thinking." Seulgi nudged his shoulder offering him a cup of coffee. "It's a surprise that I'm finally seeing you writing down notes. And it made me happier that you're doing that off of your class hours." He sighed, "What's wrong with me?" Seulgi giggled, "Because you're finally in love.", "In love my ass!" He scoffed to prevent the spreading tingle of red on his cheeks. Seulgi smiled at her best friend's jolt of reaction from her statement. "It's been a long time. Since, I've saw you like this." she spoke. He rolled his eyes as he impatiently tapped his pen, "I didn't even knew you had this side. Is she really that different?" His eyes had changed its glow as he tried to prevent the smile from his plump lips. "I haven't even see you hanging out with Hyunsik and the others." A smirk was suddenly drawn into his face, "Do you really need to emphasize our Hyunsik?" Her cheeks suddenly turned red as she rolled her eyes, dramatically pointing her finger at his face. "You better shut up." Sungjae laughed as he placed his hand on her head, "I wish both of you a happy ending." She slapped his hand away, "Isn't this about you and Sooyoung? Stop pushing me in!" She retorted avoiding the talk about her feelings to be deeper.

"But, I'm kind of surprise that you're not calling me at your school to get your ass out of trouble.", "Why, did you miss Hyunsik?" He earned another slap from her as he laughed whole-heartedly.
Despite of the irritated and sulky face that was being expressed by Seulgi, she was happy to know he was already being stable as he was supposed to be.
"Did she know?" He raised his eyebrow from her question. "Did she know that you're developing feelings for her?" Sungjae chuckled at her question, "She won't believe me, anyways. I'll stick to us like this." Seulgi, completely awestruck at his statement clapped her hands as she smiled, "She's probably feeling the same, from the way she acts with you." He shook his head, "Things might get complicated if I take things to the next level."

They were both busy talking to eachother that they haven't notice two new familiar customers have come inside the cafè. Seulgi was busy blabbering things when her eyes widen at the scene she saw, "Irene and, Ilhoon?" Sungjae was shocked from the piece of names he heard together in a sentence. He turned his attention towards to what Seulgi was looking at, and shit. It was really them.

"We've stumbled together upon the store." Irene confessed as she took a sip from her cup of coffee, shyly bowing her head from the misunderstanding as Ilhoon laughed along. "I thought you two suit each other, though." Sungjae muttered as he placed his hand below his chin, causing both of them to be flustered at what he said. "Am I right, Ilhoon?" He shot a wink to his elder friend as Ilhoon secretly flipped him off without Irene's sight. "How were things with you and Sooyoung?" Irene suddenly asked causing him to give off a strong reaction. "Because, I'm completely confused with your relationship. Why would you continue pursuing her if there is nothing going on?" Irene added as she turned her cold face to the view outside the cafè.

Sungjae thoroughly registered everything she had told him. And, she was right all of a sudden. He shrugged at the sensation happening inside his tummy. "Why are you being soft all of a sudden?" He muttered to his self as he tapped the ballpen he was holding, impatiently. He didn't even notice that he was already gritting his teeth to avoid the certain situation from happening. "Think about it, Sungjae. I won't let my best friend be with someone who doesn't have certain feelings for her." Irene mumbled politely as she stood up bowing to both Ilhoon and Sungjae, before walking out of the cafè.