10th Chapter

Author's Note: So, I'm back folks! Gosh. It's been almost two days of being silent. So, I'm back with a chapter! I only made this chapter when I'm on my way to school. So, that's my only free time. (Sheesh, I pity myself for being this busy.)

Here you go! Chapter 10.
Again, please bare with the grammatical errors. Since, I'm not an amazing writer. Enjoy! Thanks for anticipating on this. :) x

-

She was dumbfounded. "Sister?" She blinked a couple of times. Wendy coughed fakely, "I need to go to the bathroom." She stood up, awkwardly as if waiting for someone. Suddenly, she slapped Irene's arm as Irene spoke, "I'll go with you." She stuttered standing up as well as they went in the bathroom.

"What are you doing here?" Seulgi asked sharply as she eyed the blonde girl who was known as Sungjae's sister. "Don't be shaken up, I'm just here for vacation." She scoffed as she sat down infront of Sooyoung. She stared intently at her as she scoffed, "I'm Yeri." Sooyoung nodded slowly, "I guess you knew me." She bowed politely as Yeri replied with a side-grin.
"Yes, you're pretty by the way." Sooyoung awkwardly averted her eyes as it wrinkled at the end, obviously uncomfortable at the situation. Seulgi suddenly grabbed Yeri's arm gently and spoke, "you should explain yourself, miss." Yeri yanked her arm away, "Why should I? I wanted to see my brother. Why does it matter so much?" Seulgi replied with a scowl, "As if you came here for that." Sooyoung, who was completely uncomfortable at the edge tried to escape from the situation. "I should leave." She spoke as she turned around trying to avoid the situation, even if she could heard Yeri and Seulgi's voices. But, as soon as she opened the door; a familiar figure was hovering at hers with the same horrified and uncomfortable face she expressed, lately.

"Sungjae." Her lips trembled as she tried to remain calm at the situation. His eyes narrowed to the blonde girl behind her. "My brother." She was supposed to walk closer. But, he suddenly shifted his place as he walked out of the cafe, leaving a slight scene inside the cafè.

"Seulgi!" The owner yelled as Seulgi cursed inwardly. Glaring at Yeri, before going back inside the kitchen.

Yeri blinked a couple of times as she scowled, "He's still neglecting me? What a pity." Sooyoung turned her body towards her as Yeri shown her a weak-smile, "Can we talk at the other cafè?"

She nodded slowly as she texted Irene that they were already outside the certain cafè shop.

-

The atmosphere was rather awkward. And no one dared to bat an eyelash with the certain situation.

"Please forgive the scene I have caused, lately." Yeri was the first one to spoke. Sooyoung silently raised the cup of tea to bring on her lips as if daring her to continue her story. "It was true that we were siblings. My full name is Yerim Yook." She smiled charmingly. Sooyoung responded with a smile as she reached out her hand, "Park Sooyoung." Yeri smiled at her classy and formal way of acting, which was different to the rumored flings of his brother.

"I came from New York. Our father and mother were already staying there. We were just siblings from the mother." She spoke as she took a sip from her cup. Sooyoung tilted her head, shocked from the piece of news brought to her. "It was a secret that my mother never let others know. But, I believe you're an amazing girl. So, I'm telling this to you." Her eyes seem to have honesty just as the same like her brother. Sooyoung smiled, "I promise to take this as ours, Don't worry." Yeri sighed in relief as she played with the piece of cake infront of her. "He was a pain in the ass, to be honest. How long were you together?" Her cheeks were suddenly tinted with pink shades as she rapidly shook her hands telling her, "We are not,..." Yeri giggled at her cuteness, "Eonnie, you're nineteen years old. Right?" Sooyoung nodded as the speaker responded easily, "I'm eighteen. Sorry for the formality, I may appear rude. Since, you're the elder. I've been raised like this in the NYC, please forgive me.", "Oh no. It's fine, it's not a big deal for me.", "Well, here I go." She spoke as she inhaled.

-

"Where is she?" Sungjae ran inside the cafè. Seulgi shrugged her shoulders, "I'm almost at the verge of being fired because of you Yook siblings." He scowled, "Come on, bear. Where is she?" Seulgi sighed, "You should separate Sooyoung from your devil sister. She'll poison her innocent mind."
Sungjae hissed in frustration, as he ran out of the cafè. Searching for her image and figure.

-

"Mom wanted my brother to go back to New York. " a lump on her throat was felt as she tried to talk, "Is that why you're here?"
Yeri slowly nodded. "I thought I might give it a chance if I see that he's finally changing for the good." Sooyoung bit her lips. "I wanted him to change for the better. But, he always seem to be worse than I expected. Eonnie, will you let him leave Korea?" She flinched at the question thrown at her. She reached at the back of her neck, awkwardly averting her eyes from the younger lady infront of her. "Well, I can't butt myself in if it's your family matters. I couldn't let him be the worst. He may change when he's in,..." She trailed off as she felt another lump in her throat. Why is she feeling this way? I suddenly felt the need to change him.

Yeri reached out for her hand, "I usually scare his flings away. But, I have a gut of feeling that you are better than them. I'll have to challenge you." She lifted her gaze to meet Yeri's, "Yeri, could you give me time?"

She blinked a couple of times as she tried to memorize what she just said. "Time for what, Sooyoung?" Sooyoung shrugged to herself, what mess am I putting myself into? "Give me time, I'll definitely make him better." Yeri was stunned at her declaration that she was about to ask. But she beamed a side smile, nodding lightly. "Sooyoung, I believe that you're a strong girl. Being in a relationship with my brother isn't a simple joke. It's either he'll leave you like the other girls or you will be the one to leave him, because of our family matters. It's not just that compatible. I'm giving you already a chance to avoid this as much as you can. Because, I know you don't deserve the upcoming pain you may feel when it comes to him." Sooyoung's eyebrows were knitted together as she was about to ask, but then she shut her mouth. She realized that she was now being trapped inside this cage.

Cage called love.

She sighed in confusion, "I have said so much, dear." Yeri laughed lightly as she fanned herself with her hands. "You deserve better, Sooyoung. If time comes and both of you are already suffering, Don't blame me. I've already said this to you." 

Sooyoung shook her head in annoyance with what's happening, "I see. But, I won't let go."

Was she the first girl that dare to ignore her threats about their family?

Yeri sighed, this girl infront of me doesn't deserve to suffer. Brother, what have you done?

Suddenly, the door cafè opens. And it reveals a guy they knew. He marched quickly to their seat as he grabbed Sooyoung, he panted as he spoke, "Stay away from her." Sooyoung eyed this guy, "Sungjae." She wimply replied as she darted her eyes to Yeri who was gesturing her it was fine to leave now. Sungjae scowled as he dragged Sooyoung out of the cafè.

Suddenly, shaking her shoulders gently. "What did she told you?" He furiously asked. He was now scared that she might break up with him. He was now afraid that someone he was now inch by inch treasuring might let go, again. Sooyoung closed her eyes as she thought not to say anything that might frightened him. She shook her head, as she leaned forward leaving a peck on his lips. "It's nothing, don't worry." He was surprised at her sudden intimate move, but those words she added finally soothed his frightening thoughts. He nodded slowly as she smiled at him. "I've only got a cup of tea. I'm really hungry." He suddenly forgotten what he was aiming for when she insisted to have time with him.

"I know a restaurant nearby." He spoke as he grabbed her hand, which caught her off-guard. He was now leading the way, like a child blabbering compared to the aggressive man they encountered lately. She smiled at the thought of how gentle he became after she reassured him about everything. She lightly squeezed his hands as his attention turned to her, "Anything wrong?" She shook her head as she held his hand tighter, "take me to some fast food places."

He chuckled, "Aren't you a hater of fast-foods?", "I'm craving for burgers." She sharply glared at him. He laughed, as they walk side-by-side while helding each other's hand. She smiled to herself as she placed her attention the the guy who had diverse characteristics. As she look at their hands that were clasped together, she chuckled lightly.

"Why are you laughing?", "Nothing." Maybe, I could achieve the chance to change him. My growing love for him was a chaos, and I'm willing to enter this mess.