Part 1 | Chapter 1

A/N

You don't need to have watched Once Upon A Time to read this. It would help though, only because the characters of it will appear in the later time.

Half of this will be in 1678, the other half in present time.

Spoiler Alert

Let's just pretend that Peter Pan is actually not Rumple's dad. I had begun writing this before that occurred.

Let's pretend that Peter had an entirely different backstory in which you have no idea. A backstory in which will be explained in this.

Let's pretend there was a time when Peter Pan was actually a good guy.

❧ ❧

Part 1

Part 1

Chapter 1

1678

Rapunzel had never been so lonely.

It mattered not that it has been sixteen years of loneliness of being stuck in a tower. It was the fact that she had began to realize it has been sixteen years that she has never had a friend but her own mother.

There was a sense of rebellion that was sparking within Rapunzel as she stood on the window sill of her tower, pacing back and forth. It was pitch black on one side of her, the eerie sound of birds chirping bringing sound to a soundless night. But on the other side of her, a room full of memories were held in there.

Her white eggshell walls were painted of different pictures, of herself with a crown on her head, of long, long hair. The painted hair extended around her room, much like her own did. She always was surprised how well she herself could paint without lessons.

Mother called it ridiculous. She thought it unlikely that a girl like Rapunzel should even be able to dream such dreams, of finery. She wished it all would go away.

It was awfully cowardly of her to do. To stand at the edge, awaiting a jump, with her unhumanly long hair reaching down to the bottom of the tower. She made herself think of it as an adventure. She had never been able to go on an adventure, and she finally would.

"Don't look down, Rapunzel." She urged herself, pacing faster. She was afraid that if she looked down, she will never get the courage to finish the deed.

The lonely feeling at her heart only remained, something in which made her want to rip at her chest to get the nagging feeling away.

"An adventure," She whispered to herself. "I will be able to go on an adventure."

At that, she stopped her pacing and looked out to the woods. Rapunzel always wondered what it would be like out there. Marvelous, she dreamed and hoped it would be. She would never be able to figure out.