Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Rapunzel found Peter sitting out by the fire when she woke up.

She did not find him smiling slightly at her when she woke up, but to a cold spot in the place next to her. It was strange for her to get so used to waking up in the comfort of his smile even though it's only been around three or four days it had happened.

"Are you okay?" She asks him softly and sits next to him on the bench.

He sets his lips in a tight line as he draws pictures in the dirt with a stick. "Not really." He answers honestly, setting the stick down and looks at her in the eyes "I know how matter much you will say it, you will always see the monster in me."

"You're right." She breaths in, putting a long blonde strand of hair behind her ear. "But I don't care. I think you've been blinded to the real world to realize that we all have monsters. Hell, Peter, I killed fourteen people. And I'm still not even exactly sure how I did it. But whenever I think I'm a monster I think of one thing and one thing only: you."

"I don't deserve-"

"No." She scolds. "Don't you dare tell me that you don't deserve me because you do. You deserve me and more. You can call yourself a monster and so can I but it doesn't change that both of us can feel the most powerful emotion in the human body- love. We can love and that already shows that we have an advantage on Pan."

Peter opens his mouth then closes it, confused on what to say next.

"I love you, Peter. I know it's totally insane to say after nine days together, and I'm not going to lie and say I started to love you right away, because I didn't at all. It started when you came and talked to me in that tree. It was then I began to realize how compassionate you really are. From then on you never ceased to amaze me in the way you care so much. I've gotten such a view on you to know who you are. I know who you are, and you are not a monster."

He has no idea what to say- so shocked at her monologue, and she watches as his eyes flicker down to her lips, but he forces them to eye contact.

"Do it." She encourages.

So he does. She was shocked for the first second, so surprised at the way he actually did it. She was expecting him to be shy, to not be able to. But he actually did it.

Maybe he just needed some sign that she wanted it as much as he did.

Her eyes close softly, as she puts her hand to the back of his neck to bring him closer, and she feels his hands on her hips.

She loves him. She knows this now- how ridiculous it must sound, to actually say that she loves him after nine days, but that's what it is.

At least, she thinks so.

In her books it was described as an intoxicated state where he/her found themselves always wanting to be together, a strong affection for someone.

As she kissed Peter, the heart that she was told was there beat faster then usual, and everywhere where they touched was such a good feeling. Such a exhilaration, such a euphoria.

They broke apart for a breath. He looks at her with something in his eyes, something that could only be explained as one thing. As much as she wanted to hear him say it out loud, she wasn't sure he would. So she had to let his emotions speak for him.

He licked his lips, and she used that as a excuse to connect her lips to his once again. It ignited another spark going through her, something that she never wanted to stop feeling.

Since she was little she wanted love.

Now she finally got it.

He pulls away. The look on his face was one of pain, which made no sense to her, that was- until he fell to the floor and screams out in pain.

"Oh my god, what's happening?" Peter can barely hear. He feels the touch of her hand on him, but he can't get himself to ignore the pain.

YOU THINK YOU CAN BEAT ME? The voice screams in his head. YOU CAN'T BEAT ME.

"Peter what's happening?" She repeats, but he can't bring himself to talk. The feeling of crushing of his bones is unbearable, especially with Pan screaming into his head.

I WON'T BE BEAT JUST BECAUSE YOU FIND SOME SLUT AND MAKE OUT WITH HER.

Peter can't bring himself to talk with the pain, so he weakly thinks, Don't call her that.

WHY SHOULDN'T I? He screams more. SHE'S PUTTING YOU AGAINST ME.

I always was against you, Peter thinks. Always.

"Peter please answer me!" Rapunzel begs. "I don't know what to do, please tell me you're okay!"

Did you really think that she would save you? Your love would save you from me? Pan asked then, his voice no longer in a scream, but still harsh. He was mad, and betrayed.

I had hoped. Peter admits.

False hope. He snorts. I am your ultimate battle. Not Hook, not anyone but me. I am the battle. But your downfall, that's going to be the girl.

You're a liar. Peter snaps. You don't know anything about love.

A pang of sadness feels through Peter's heart, which he knows is from Pan.

You're right, but either do you. Pan reminds. Love doesn't fix everything. I don't know what messed up ideas she's been putting into your head, but love is not a savior. I may be you and you may be me, but I am a much smarter version.

You're wrong. You always will be.

"Somebody! Anybody!" Peter barely hears. "There's something wrong with Peter, please help!"

Don't be so naϊve, foolish boy. I'm only trying to protect you.

Peter snorts. And in what world is that logic?

You'll see, Peter. Pan promises. The love of the two halls will be the downfall.

What's the two halls? Peter demands, but Pan doesn't answer. Of course he doesn't.

"Peter?" Rapunzel says breathlessly as he slowly blinks opens his eyes.

"I'm okay," He says, sitting up. "I'm okay."

"Was it Pan?" She asks.

"Yeah."

"What did he want?"

"He was betrayed." He answers. "That we were trying to use love against him."

She nods with her lips in a straight line, thinking over something. "I'm sorry." She finally says.

"Don't be." He says. "It was worth the shot, right?"

"I suppose." Rapunzel whispers, obviously wishing she did not have to cause pain on Peter. He sighs, and puts his hand under her chin and brings it up so he can look her in the eyes.

"It wasn't just to use it against him, right?"

"No, of course not!" She answers immediately.

"Good. Then we can kiss once again."

"Peter..." She warns.

"Rapunzel..." He taunts back. "He hurt me with all of the power he has. He no longer can have any power for a while. He won't be able to hurt me for a long while."

He grins, about to try something else. "Please?"

She laughs at him. "Okay."

"Good."