Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"What is that?" Rapunzel asks looking out the window. There were small white flakes falling from the sky to the floor. As the flakes fall to the green grass it changes the hue to a white color. Her hair is still wet from the bath in the water she took, and her body is covered with one of Peter's blankets. He insisted her stay with him, for he is beginning to get scared for her safety and stability. He has not said it out loud, but it is obvious on how he is afraid for her. He knows that once she will be left alone she will go somewhere else, maybe even be taken by Hook.

But would that be so bad? To be able to stop the suffering of all of the lost boys, of her new friend Tinkerbell, of Peter Pan. No one was killed during the raid from Hook, but what will happen the next time? Hook will not stop until he gets her. She'd rather give herself in then make the people who inhabit this land suffer from her happening.

Peter glances up from his map of Neverland to out the window. "It's snow, Rapunzel." He laughs and looks back down to the map.

"Snow?" She looks strangely at it. Consistent falling, it doesn't stop. "Is it poisonous?"

"No, of course not!" Peter stands up from his seat and walks over next to her. The heat coming from his body was enough to make the cold the snow radiated warmer. He sits on the window sill and leans his back on the side of the mirror across from her to look at her. "It hardly snows here. It's such a beautiful thing to watch, not as depressing as rain is."

"Rain is depressing?" Rapunzel asks interested.

"Definitely. Rain just pours down, affecting people one by one. When you stand in the rain it pours down on you, causing problems in seeing and thoughts. So many have died from rain." He turns his head over to look out the window again. "But snow is beautiful. It leaves it's impact on life, on the floor. Snowing causes happiness when you look. The only thing that is bad is that once the snow is over, it may turn into ice. And it may cause pain once it is ice."

"What doesn't cause pain?" She says quietly. Peter no doubt heard her, for he looked over to her with a thoughtful expression.

"Flowers?"

"There are poisonous flowers." She answers immediately.

"Sunlight."

"There is only so much sunlight one can get without getting burned."

Peter thinks about this. He's not looking at her, so she smiles at herself. There is nothing Rapunzel loves more than the conversations they enhance themselves in together. His words always give her thoughts of things she never even thought to think of. She can only hope he feels the same.

"Love." He finally answers.

"What?"

"Love causes no pain."

"I don't know about that,"

"And what do you know about love?" The words were not as rude as the context was. He was obviously just curious, looking at her with his eyebrows risen. Does he know anything about love? Has he ever loved anyone?

"Love is wonderful at the beginning. It seems perfect, but everything always comes with a price. It is kind of life snow, Peter Pan. It's beautiful at the beginning and then things begin to get slippery. You might fall, you might get hurt."

She expected Peter to think over her words again, but he just smiles wide. That smile is becoming more frequent, and it still makes her smile herself. Beautiful, beautiful boy.

"I was really hoping you would say something like that."

"You got your wish."

Peter looks back over to her and smiles. His eyes sparkle for a split second, something else about him that she can now put on the list of reasons she fascinates Peter Pan. "I did."

The silence was intoxicating. Rapunzel found herself not able to keep eye contact so she succumbs to watching at the snow again. But the fact that Peter is still staring at her gives her a giggly feeling in her chest.

"Thank you." Peter blurts out.

Rapunzel's eyebrows raise as she looks over to Peter. "What for?"

"You always thank me for saving you. I feel as though I should thank you."

"But I haven't saved you yet."

He leans forward closer to her. The close proximity gave her trouble breathing, his green eyes looking at her with a look she couldn't describe. Her eyes widen as she glances down to his lips, but quickly recovers herself and looks back into his eyes. Why is she the one now having trouble with eye contact?

"But you are."

Three words. Only three words he speaks in his intoxicating voice was enough to get her breath taken away from her. His face was so close to hers and he keeps on looking down to her lips, she finds herself wishing he would just kiss her. His breath is heavy, and he just won't kiss her. The closeness is hurting her heart, she just wants to press her lips against his but she's afraid.

"Can I kiss you?" He asks breathlessly.

She wonders why he would even ask, but she nods anyway.

But he still just glances down to her lips, something in his eyes that she couldn't distinguish. Was his intent to torture her?

She couldn't take it anymore. She presses her lips onto Peter's. At first he doesn't react, but it takes only a few seconds until he kisses back. His lips were soft and she closes her eyes. Rapunzel had no idea why she did that, but it just felt right. Her heart where the usual loneliness resided was no longer there. He did this for her. Peter Pan made her feel needed, make her feel like she was not alone.

Her hand instinctively went up to touch the side of his face lightly. She didn't know what she was doing, why she was doing all this, but she felt like she was in a trance. She didn't feel anything but his lips, his touch. His feelings, the lust.

He pulls away first, she taking after him and putting her hand back in her lap. It felt as though she used all of her breath on the kiss, and now they are both out of breath. She knew that a kiss would be amazing from her books, but she never knew it would feel like this. Will it feel like that with every boy or is it particularly Peter for her?

"You're shivering." Peter comments, and she looks down to her body. The blanket had fell off of her shoulders and is now half way on the floor. She doesn't even feel the cold, she is too heated from the kiss.

"Oh, I guess I am." She pulls the blanket back to her shoulders and holds it to her. It smells like Peter, she notices. "I guess I should go back to my tent to sleep." She stands and he quickly stands with her.

"You could... I mean- You could- you know..." He stutters, trying to find the words.

Rapunzel smiles at his nervousness. "Say it." She encourages.

"You could stay with me. In here?" Peter manages to say, but quickly adds: "I mean, if you want to."

She giggles. "Okay."

He looks at her suprised. "Really?" Then his eyes widen, realizing what he said and quickly fixes himself. "I mean- Okay. Cool."

"Cool."