Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"Of course you can't go everywhere," Peter says, walking next to Rapunzel through the woods. She is keeping up well, which even surprised herself. When she was stuck inside it's not like she could have acquired any woodsy type talents. All she can do is jump over rocks and twigs and hope for the best. "There are things that are out of my control that it isn't safe for you to be around."

It was sweet that he would care for her well being, but she wasn't affected too much. Peter Pan, as she figured out from the exact time he had caught her, is a very good person.

So many secrets, so much darkness hidden behind his soothing green eyes. She has not met anyone besides her mother, and because of that she is trying to notice everything about Peter Pan. His mouth, his eyes, his nose, forehead, everything. It's a wonder he has not caught her staring yet, since she has every second she got.

She was not sure where to start with him.

It is so strange of her to make her mission to fix some lost boys. She was not sure why she found the need to fulfill it; possibly because she was just as lost as them. Maybe she wants to be reassured that she is not alone. Maybe that dreaded feeling in her chest will cease to exist.

"Where exactly is Neverland located?" She asks the question she has been urging to ask. Before she had closed her eyes, they were going up to the sky where cloud vaporized around them. This is obviously not the sky, it is solid ground. What had happened when she had closed her eyes to make her appear into this land?

"Second star to the right," whispers Peter. "And straight on 'til morning."

Rapunzel smiled at this. She had known him for one night and she knew that he would not give her a straight forward answer. He is simply just like that. A wonderful man hidden in a cloak of secrets.

"You see, the boys love you." He tells her. "Since we have no woman companionship, they love you very dearly already."

She shakes her head and looks to the floor. "Please do not get me attached."

He raises his eyebrow at her. That was something else she noticed, he did that an awfully lot. "Why not? You will be here for a while, won't you?"

"I suppose I will." Rapunzel says quietly. "But it is not wise to get attached to anything. If Mother taught me anything, it was that. Nothing lasts forever, Peter Pan. Getting attached makes it hurt more once it is gone."

She watches him as he licks his lips then looks to the floor. "You are too wise for your own good."

"Why is it against my own good?"

He manages eye contact with her. Something she had also noticed was how little eye contact he made with her. She wondered why that was, why he made himself so secured. "Usually the people who know less about life are the ones with more hope. You seem to know every depressing aspect of life that would take a normal someone a lifetime to figure out."