Chapter 14

Chapter 14

After walking in the woods for another hour, Gothel finally found the pub outside the woods. She knew Rapunzel would not be here, but she needed a break. She was slowly getting older and grayer and she wanted nothing more to just drown it out for just a few hours.

"The usual." She tells to the bartender, and the man goes off to fetch it.

"You find your girl yet?" He asks when he comes back, popping off the cap and sliding it across the bar to the woman.

She catches it and takes a quick swig. "No, not yet. The good-for-nothing Sheriff isn't even looking for her."

"Tough." Patrick says, putting his hands on the table. "What's her name again? I can ask around for her."

"Thank you, Patrick." Gothel whispers, wishing she was still as young as she was with Rapunzel around. "Her name is Rapunzel."

From the corner of her eye she sees the man sitting a few seats next to her snap his head up and look at her.

"Rapunzel?" The man asks.

"Yes." She says tiredly. "Have you seen her?"

"I have actually."

Her eyes lit up at this and she looked over to him. "Where?"

"I'm going to have to show you." He smirks at her. "You'll have to go on my ship with me."

"And what if you're lying to me?" Her smile fades and she narrows her eyes at him. He chuckles at her behaviour.

"You're just going to have to trust me." He holds out his hand to her. But when she looks down at it, she sees that it is not a hand.

It's a hook.

"The names Hook." The man says. "Captain Hook."

The sky was ever so lonely without the stars up there.

Rapunzel herself was the only person she could blame for that, blame for the fact that she can no longer sit out on the hilltops with Peter Pan, looking up at the wonderful stars in peace. There is no longer that peace anywhere she could go, for Hook was taking his darn ol' time, which only gained to the gathering paranoia that was already there from the beginning. Every day more lost boys would guard her.

The longer he takes, Peter said, the bigger the stunt he will pull. He's waiting for something big.

So the only thing she sees when she looks up is darkness, the faint showing of the ceiling from Peter's room. She felt the heat radiating of his body from the side of their bodies which are touching.

"Why are you hiding your feelings from me lately?" Peter asks randomly.

"I'm not."

"You are." He tries to convince. "Usually you would be telling me your opinions on what happened out on the lake with your mother. Do you no longer trust me?"