Chapter 24

Chapter 24

There wasn't a war.

Not a war at all.

If what Tinkerbell said was right, the island was going rogue. Rogue, which meant no matter who it was, they were all on Pan's side. Her mother, if she was even still on the island, Hook and all of his crew, who hated her from the beginning, and the sweet lost boys.

No one was on her side. Everyone is against her. She may have been able to take out a bunch of men on the night on the ship, but there was no way she could take out that many.

It was her against everyone.

"What's wrong?" Pan mumbled. He sat in front of a tree, his back leaning against it.

Rapunzel couldn't help herself, but she stayed as far away from him as possible without raising suspicion. She was so stupid, so stupid to actually go through with it. What was that going to fix? What was making Pan love going to do?

He was a monster. Just as he said the first night that he had allowed her to see through his eyes as she was asleep. I have no compassion, you know that. Not for a petty girl, not for anyone.

Was she honestly expecting him to love her? It's Pan, for crying out loud.

And Peter. What if he just saw everything she did? What if he thinks that she doesn't know what she's doing? What if... he's giving up because of what she just did?

Well, he wouldn't be wrong. Because she doesn't know what's she's doing. She thought she did. She thought that she knew what she was doing, to make love to Pan to make him believe that she loved him, but it just made her a monster.

She made a deal with the devil, and now she can't escape.

"Nothing." She mumbled. "I'm just thinking."

"About?"

"Hook, Mother, Pan, I guess." Rapunzel wasn't allowing herself to look at him. It is quite possible she just might throw up, knowing what she had just done. "I have a question."

"What is it?"

"What will happen when Pan takes over? What will happen to me?"

She found that talking made the pain go away. Both physically and mentally.

"You'll go along with the rest of the island. Everyone on Neverland will go down."

Rapunzel sighs, closing her eyes. "I was afraid that you would say that."

"And why is that?"

She opens her eyes again, looking right at him. She had to fight back the queasy feeling in her stomach. "I was always afraid of being helpless, and that's all I'm feeling right now."

"You don't want to be with him? With Pan?" His voice sounded so sweet, she almost would have believed it was Peter.

No. Of course she didn't. Why would she? All he had caused was pain for Peter. He didn't deserve the island, he didn't deserve Peter's body, he didn't deserve her. But he was going to get all of them.