Chapter 3

Chapter 3

As Rapunzel laid in the bed Peter set up for her, the thoughts of her mother bombarded her. Guilt, mostly. Her mother had treated her for sixteen years. Treating every fever she got, helping every time she pricked her finger on her sewing machine.

Even though her mother had been mostly overbearing, controlling, possessive- hell, she kept Rapunzel in a tower her whole life!- but the woman was still her mother. The only person she had through all of those lonely years.

"You're troubled." One of the lost boys said, the only one in the room besides Peter. She sat up in her bed and looked at him.

"Maybe a little."

"Why?" He was a boy. A teenager, perhaps. She saw a look of sadness clouding in his eyes. She felt nothing but remorse when she saw it, his head of blonde hair covered in a dark cloak.

"I'm a bad person."

"You don't seem like a bad person."

"We all have evil inside of us." She tells him. "There's only a select few that choose to let it show." From the corner of her eye she sees Peter looking at her in interest.

"I'm Felix." The boy tells her. "Why are you here?"

"Felix," Peter warns.

"No! I didn't mean anything by it. I was just wondering if you were a fairy or something."

"A... Fairy?" She looks over to Peter for help.

"She's not." Peter quickly fills in for her.

"Then why are you here?" His voice sounded so lost, so desperate for something, and she found herself becoming sad at it. His must have been higher then how he acts, for he only acts around nine but looked her age, maybe more.

"Felix, stop."

She glanced over to Peter then looked back to Felix. "It's quite alright. I am lonely, just as you. I have no one in my life and I chose to fix it by being cowardly. Peter had helped me."

"He helped me too." She smiles at Felix, and an almost smile hinted on his lips. She decided then and there what her objective on this island would be.

They needed hope. They had Peter, who they all seemed to worship, but they needed someone else. Another person to be able to help them through all of their sadness.

She would be that someone.

"I believe Rapunzel needs rest, Felix."

"Oh, of course." The boy bows at her then walks out of the tent.

"He is very sweet."

"Very." Peter agrees, staying leaning against the door frame. "Very loyal as well. It frightens me."