Chapter 8

Chapter 8

It didn't surprise Rapunzel that Peter was not with her when she got up. It still gave her a slight pang of sadness that he was no longer there, but she was not as affected as she would be if she expected to wake up with him still there.

A new blue dress was folded on her bedside table and she quickly changed into that then sat back down on her bed.

She knew it would be extremely stupid of her if she would be to go out of her tent and wander, especially now. Even if the dream is not real, it is obvious that Captain Hook will not let her go without killing her. It scared her a lot. This man is a pirate. If what she read in stories were right, pirates were specialists at finding things.

"Hey Rapunzel," Peter comes into the tent. She noticed something different about him today, his eyes were almost wider, the enigma around him brighter. She liked this look on him. "Sorry I left, I had some things to tend to."

"It's okay. I'm okay." She thought the more she said it, the more it would come to be reality.

He grins at her. "I figured you would be." Peter holds his hand out for her. "I want to introduce you to someone."

"Okay." She holds onto his hand and he leads her out of the tent. When they get out there, something slightly bigger than a pea around in air. The object leaves something glittering through the air and she tilts her head to the side in confusion. "What is that?"

"Tinkerbell."

She watches as the small thing grows. As it grows, a green colored flutters around her skin. After a few seconds, Tinkerbell is grown to something that is the same size of a regular human. A perky girl with a green dress on and her curly blonde hair in a ponytail at the top of her head is before her.

"Hi. I'm Tink." She smiles, holding out her hand to Rapunzel.

Rapunzel looks down at the hand in confusion, confused on why everyone keeps on doing that for her.

"You shake it." Tink laughs. "It's basically to say 'nice to meet you'."

"Oh. Well," Rapunzel shakes Tinkerbell's hand with a smile. "Nice to meet you."

"Peter told me everything about you. He figured you would want another girl around. Though, Peter is enough of a girl I don't see why he would want another."

Rapunzel looks over to Peter and watches his expression turn to shock and he jokingly pushes her in the arm, making her stumble over and laugh. Rapunzel couldn't help but smile at their playfulness. They must be really close.

"Anyway!" Tinkerbell diverts her attention back to Rapunzel. "How about we hang out today?"

Rapunzel opens her mouth to talk then closes it and looks back over to Peter. He gives her a small smile. With that she realized that he is not dumb. If she was a bad person then Peter would know. "Yeah, that'd be wonderful." She finally says.

"Great!" Tink smiles wide and takes Rapunzel's hand, then looks over to Peter and scowls at him. "Don't even think about following us or getting one of the lost boys to follow us. I know Rapunzel is special to you or whatever, but I and her together can handle Hook and whatever he throws at us. This is a girl's day out. Don't you dare try to ruin it."

Peter holds his hands up in mock defense. "Alright, alright. But if you need anything, anything at all-"

"Call your name, blah blah blah." Tink waves her hand and rolls her eyes. "We will be fine. This girl can kick some butt."

"Yeah, I know." Peter smiles at Rapunzel, and his smile is so influential she smiles back right away. "Whatever, go have fun."

"We will." She pulls Rapunzel out of the tent and out in a random direction in the woods. "So, how are you liking Neverland so far?"

"It's been great. Peter and the lost boys are really nice. Or- what I've seen of them."

Tinkerbell links her arm with Rapunzel. "Has Peter been especially great?"

Rapunzel rolls her eyes at Tink's pestering. "We have met for five minutes and you are already teasing me over a boy?"

"Well of course! Peter finally has a girl that I can tease him over."

"He's my a friend!"

"Not what he saiddddd," She nudges Rapunzel's shoulder laughing at her.

"Oh really?" Rapunzel feels the heat spread to her face, and she turns her head to not let Tink see it. For if she did, Tink would surely tease her. "Then what did he say?"

It gave Rapunzel happiness in her heart to figure out that Peter Pan was talking of her. It was strange to her that she is so different already with Tinkerbell. She's like the main character's witty best friend in every single book she's read. The best friend always made her laugh, she always said the right things at the right time. Maybe Tink can be her best friend.

"Oh, just something about how he can tell you anything. You know, the usual." Tinkerbell stops and looks around confused. "Well, not the usual for him. He hasn't trusted anyone completely."

"Not even you?"

"No! He only tells me the obvious about himself. You know what he tells me about himself? 'Oh yeah, I'm a boy and I live on Neverland.' Seriously? You'd think that because we have known each other for so long that he'd trust me. But you're here for two days and he's already writing a book of everything in his life and reading it outloud for you."

"Are you jealous, Tinkerbell?"

Tink's face turned bright red. "No."

"We have a lot of similar thoughts." Rapunzel answers for her quietly. "Plus, he hasn't told me everything. He's still a huge mystery to me."

"But you know more than anyone else does. You are the first person he trusts. Please don't blow it."

Rapunzel smiles at her. "Hey, don't worry. I'm not going to leave him."

"Good. Now that that's over with!" Tink smiles mysteriously at her. "Now it's time for the real fun of the evening."