Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Day eight on Neverland.

Eight.

It was so strange for her, to think that it has been eight days that she has stayed along with Peter Pan. They seemingly got closer every day ever since the kiss.

Three days ago. That was three days ago since the wonderful kiss that ignited more feelings towards Peter than she had before. Romantic, possibly?

Rapunzel was so used to the lonely feeling inside of her, always haunting her, always laughing at her pain. But now... It was only just a whisper. She could no longer feel it, especially when with Peter.

He leaves her alone at no times. Either she is with Peter himself, or Tinkerbell, or one of the lost boys. She has no particular hatred for the closeness of these people, she didn't mind it at all. They are all such wonderful people to be around.

She still could not help but for the guilt. Not only for the despair she had caused for the pirates, but for her mother. Rapunzel wondered what she was doing at that instant, while Rapunzel is staring at the fire as Peter is happily playing his pipe with the lost boys doing their dance. She still was upset over the fact she cannot hear the song, but Peter smiling at her becoming a often occurrence is making everything so bearable for her.

No sign of Hook is making it to their attention. Actually, it's almost as though he's given up on her completely. Not that she would complain.

But she is much more intelligent than that.

She knows what he is doing. He is waiting for the perfect time, making her anticipation rise at every thought of him, until he strikes when she's not looking. It scares her to no end, so she tries nothing less of being on guard every second of the day.

The boys suddenly stopped and Peter whisked them to sleep. When everyone was gone away from the campfire, Peter stood and sat close next to her. The only time they got exactly to be alone was at night when they would fall asleep in the same bed, her falling asleep in the matter of seconds with his touch to help her along.

"What's wrong, Rapunzel?"

"Nothing is wrong." She says quietly, pretending to know nothing of what he is talking of, but not able to look him in the eyes.

"Come on," He encourages, gently hitting his shoulder onto hers jokingly. "Tell me."

"My mother." She whispers, knowing she has nothing to hide from Peter. "I know she does not deserve my consent, but it does not change the fact that she had done everything for me as a child. She is still my mother, and it pains me to think of what is happening with her when I am not there."

Peter stares at the flickering flames of the fire, opening and closing his mouth, unknowing what to say. It was not only at that moment she wished she had some way of reading his mind, for she has thought it more times then healthy. He had too much to think of that he kept inside, though he is getting much better at talking to her.