Chapter 36

Chapter 36

"She helped us." Emma sighs, still not able to get over this. Though she has her son at her side- the spawn of her and Neal- safe and sound, she could not help herself from feeling remorse.

"Get over it, Swan." Regina- the Evil Queen- sighs. "She offered her help, she knew what was going to happen. People who are that into magic that can make a living family tree and figure it out, knows that it would be a hell of lot of magic. There was no way she would've lived. She knew that."

Emma could not get that. "She knew she was going to die?"

"Of course she did. The plan did not require the real Peter Pan, that was evident when she was about to put the stone on his spot. She only wanted him there, only wanted to fulfill her goal from the beginning. To help the lost boy. She knew." Though she tried to keep a hard face on the factor, the girl dying did not bring happiness.

Henry was not happy, either. He was still fully in shock. This wonderful, beautiful girl who was his ancestor of so long ago and saved himself and his entire family. She risked her life for people that she hardly even knew, even if they were her grandchildren. She did not have to do this. And she was killed for it.

"Can I... Go in the woods? Clear my mind real quick?" He asks Emma and Regina, not minding which one would answer. They both know that this land is no longer dangerous, now that Malcolm is gone and the regular Peter Pan is now in power, the land is gradually increasing in light. Henry assumes it would be faster if Rapunzel was still here to keep Peter Pan happy. Of course she wasn't.

Emma did. "Of course, kid. But make it back in ten minutes, alright?"

Henry nodded, and walked into the woods. Over the couple weeks of being here, he had learned a lot of the woods. Where to go to find a stream, the mermaid lagoon, which is where he planned on going now.

But when he got there, someone was already there. Four someones, if you count the dead body on the floor. In death, somehow, her blonde long hair turned into a dull brown.

Peter Pan knelt next to the girl on the floor while Ariel was in the lagoon and Tinkerbell stands above them. She tries to keep a straight face but Henry can see right past it. He wondered if everyone else could as well.

"I'm sorry I failed you." Peter Pan whispered, holding his hand over the girls heart. Henry tried not to cry.

He then picked her up from the dirt floor and walked the few steps it took to go to the mermaid lagoon. Lowering her down into the hands of Ariel with a solemn look on both of their faces.

"Do it. Please." He whispers, turning around to look at Tink. He did not want to look.

Ariel nods a few times. She closes her eyes, as if preparing herself for something, then dives deep into the lagoon, taking Rapunzel with her.

"No." Henry snaps. "No, what are you doing?"

"Henry..." Tinkerbell whispers. There was no doubt in Henry's mind that Peter Pan knew he was there. Why didn't he tell him to leave, though, was the question. "This is for the better."

Henry pushes through. "Stop her! She doesn't deserve to be buried at sea, she doesn't deserve this she doesn't deserve this..."

Peter Pan holds him back with one hand. That was all it took. "Henry, stop. You don't understand."

"What don't I understand?" He snaps. "There is nothing not to understand! She's going to be eaten by different fish-"

"Henry." He stops his hyperventilating in place. "Look."

He slowly looks over to the water. While he was freaking out, Ariel had came to the surface of the water, pulling herself onto the land. But in the water, where she had pulled Rapunzel's unmoving body too, is now surrounded by quick moving bubbles.

"What's happening?" Henry whispers.

Suddenly, the bubbling stopped. Only seconds later, a body floats quickly to the rim of the water. Ariel reaches out and pulls her back to land and Peter Pan quickly gives a glance to Henry before jogging to pull out Rapunzel.

"How is her hair blonde again?" Henry asks, but all three of them shush any further questions he could ask.

They sat, They waited.

Until, they didn't have to wait anymore. After about a five minute wait, a gasp was heard.

Henry's eyes widened as he looked down to the girl who was just dead. Her eyes were wide and frantic, as she tried to breath in the air around her. It seemed as though it was heard though, a choking sound was heard from her throat.

"She can't breathe!" Henry yelled, as if no one saw it. Though not understood that the girl is alive once again, she wouldn't be for a while.

"Look." Tinkerbell quickly said. "Look at her leg."

They all did. All of them could now see what Tinkerbell saw, the teal scales that were slowly forming on her legs. Peter Pan did something none of them expected, while quickly picking up Rapunzel and throwing her back into the mermaid lagoon. She began to sink to the bottom, and when Henry tried to go and get her, Peter Pan held his hand out once again. "Wait for it."

So they waited once again.

It felt like forever to Henry. He tried to find expressions as looking to the three other people. Tinkerbell paced, as she did almost the entire time they had been there. Ariel sat by the bay, allowing the bottom of her fin to be in the water so she could still allow the oxygen particles from the ocean to give her breath. And lastly, Peter Pan seemed in distress. He could've just got everything back— his humanity, his love. One was taken away, and he probably feared that the other would come short after.

But all of the feared motions soon stopped when they heard a splash of the ocean. All four of their necks snapped up to the direction they heard. Nothing was there for the first minute, until Henry spotted blonde hair.

Seconds after the sighting, a head bobbed above the surface. Peter Pan breathed in, shocked to see the girl he loved now alive. "You're alive."

Rapunzel looked over all of them, sizing all of them up. Her blue eyes were wide, and Henry could look straight down into the clear water and see her new tail. She was a mermaid. "How is this even possible?" Henry whispers.

The girls eyes now looked directly to Henry. Her head tilted, looking confused. Then she moved over to Peter Pan. A flash of recognition was there for maybe a second, but it was not there for long.

Then she finally spoke.

"Who are all of you?"