Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Rapunzel stared up at the stars, the memories engulfing her. Like she was drowning in a pool of things that she had hidden to the back of her mind.

"Stars are beautiful, but it is quite depressing- the punishment they must face for something they so long ago did, not any of them even knowing any longer what it was. The stars cannot take a active part in anything but look on at others."

She closed her eyes, trying to forget the memories that she had bottled inside for so long.

"They are bright, but nobody is really aware of their purpose. They always look at the wonderful moon, how it brings light to the sky. But if the moon would cease to exist, all of the stars would mix together to make it bright as usual. People look past the stars as if they are nothing, because they are smaller."

"Stop." Rapunzel whispers to herself, pulling at her blonde hair at her scalp. She's been so used to scolding herself for this, for unwanted memories.

But, maybe, she did want the memories. Maybe they were what she needed to thrive on.

"I don't want it."

"Don't want what?"

She allowed herself to cry. Rapunzel needed it, needed to be able to get this out. It's been so long since allowing herself, but she's so close. She's so close to helping her Peter Pan.

And yes, she said the full name.

There is not a Peter without a Pan.

"The power, the darkness. The darkness engulfs me sometimes, hides me from reality. I don't know what it is and how it happens. I'm scared of my own shadow."

It took her a long time to realize this, to realize that all people have good and evil. Peter was the good, and Pan was the evil. Together, they balance each other out.

Without each other, they are nothing.

"All of them! All of those men, they could had families, people who loved them, and I killed them! I killed them, oh my god,"

Because, as Peter, she also has a dark side. The dark side she, and everyone else has though, are not a completely different person. Rapunzel cannot blame her evil on anyone else but herself.

"It's okay,"

"No it's not. Oh my god, Peter, no it's not. They were just doing what Hook asked them to and I killed like, twenty of them. I killed them!"

Pan was not the fully evil one. No one is fully evil. She had fooled herself into thinking Peter was competely innocent and Pan was the evil, but she was wrong. Maybe Peter had not shown his evil, but it was there.

Everyone has it.

"I began to feel stronger, more powerful by the day. The more he talked to me, the more I actually began to have real feelings, thoughts, and emotions. One night, after Peter was asleep, I wasn't asleep as I was usually. I don't know what it was, I could feel Peter was asleep- and I put my hand out in front of me. I was moving myself, not just being shadowed by what he does. I was completely in control, and it felt awesome."