Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Pan never felt this before. He never felt the hurt so bad to make him want to rip at his chest to take it away.

She ran away. Rapunzel knows good and well that he cannot track her, and she's smart- too smart.

He tried his hardest not to yell for her. He can't give her the satisfaction of his worry, but he was more worried then he should have been.

This is your fault. Peter hissed. He was still fighting, Pan could still feel the slight pull. But he was starting to give up, and that scared Pan to no end. Peter was the humanity left in the body, and Pan knows that there will be nothing left once Peter gives up.

I know, Pan gives in. Of course he knows it's his fault. Not everything that made him this way, just the part of Rapunzel running away.

Dammit, why did he do that? Why did he have to do this to her?

"Rapunzel, I'm sorry!" He finally calls out, hoping she will somehow be near and will hear him. "I'm a asshole and I can't help it."

A laugh sounds off behind him. But when he turns around, it is not who he had hoped it to be at all. In fact, it was the last person he would want to be.

"Gothel." Pan sneers. He knew what was happening to him, he hated the feeling once his humanity was slipping from his grasp. It was only with Rapunzel that he could feel in control of the bloody emotions.

"There's nothing you can do, Pan. She's gone."

Anger filled all of his senses. He tried to think of the girl as he pushed Gothel against a tree and held a knife to her scrawny little neck, but he couldn't control himself once the monster came. "What did you do?"

"Nothing." She hissed. "I think the real question would be what did you do?"

"What are you talking about?" He snapped, pressing the knife harder to her wrinkled neck to start blood. The sight of blood made him smile.

"I went to her too late. When I found her, all I saw was her jumping off the side of the cliff into the deathly rocks. You know the ones, right?"

The pain he could feel from Peter actually hurt him as well. He's going to give up soon.

Don't give up, Peter.

"You're lying."

"You know where the rocks are, Pan." The old woman winces as Pan pushes it deeper into her throat. "Check for yourself."

He wanted to kill her. So bad it was sickly, he would love to watch as the blood poured from the slit in her neck. Not only because of the hunger for death he needed to fulfill, but he would be helping Rapunzel. The only one he could feel something with. He wanted to feel something.

So he slowly took the knife from her neck. "Don't make me regret that I didn't kill you when I had the chance."

"Oh, darling, you will."

But Pan ignored her. He had to, he had no time, even it was just a sick flick of the wrist. He needed Rapunzel. The numb feeling in his chest made him sick.

He flew as quick as he could to the rocks. How else could he get to the rocks as quickly as he needed to?

As he lowered himself to the rocks, something yellow caught his eye.

It was her hair.

He dropped down to her. She was laying on a rock, her long hair spread out every direction. Her limbs- they were laid out in ways that shouldn't be possible.

"No," He whispers, going to his knees next to her. "No, no, no..." Pan put her head in his lap, and bowed his head to her. He let the tears go down.

He wanted to feel something, and he got what he longed. Just not the feeling he had wanted.

"Don't die on me." He begs. "Rapunzel, don't die on me, dammit!"

But her eyes didn't open. She didn't move and she didn't breathe.

She was dead and it was all his fault.

"How depressing."

"Go away, Tinkerbell." He grumbled, only holding Rapunzel closes. She's dead.

And he felt Peter giving up.

"I don't listen to orders from you." She sneers. "At least, not anymore."

"You'd be wise to still listen, Tink. Just because the island has made you rogue does not change that you are still below me."

"How could I be lead by you? I mean, you should look at yourself! You look pathetic!"

"Go away, Tinkerbell." He repeats.

"She's dead, Pan. Sulking over her is not going to get her back."

"I swear I will-"

"You'll what? You'll kill me? You're too weak."

He wanted to prove her wrong. He wanted to stand up and stab her in the heart just to prove a point, but she was right. He was too weak.

"You're a man of revenge. After someone you care about dies, you go out and kill the person who did it. But how does it feel, knowing that there is no one to blame besides yourself?"

There was nothing he could say. He knew she was right. He had no one to hate but himself.

Don't give up, Peter. Please, I need you. You're all I have left.

This is what you've always wanted, Pan. To be in control. But Peter's voice was distant, weak. He was too close to giving up.

He was right. That's all he had ever wanted. To be his own person.

I'm sorry. Pan sobs. I never asked to be this person. All I wanted was to be someone of my own.

Peter laughs weakly. And there you are. You have it.

And just like that, Peter was gone. His presence, his feelings, his pull. There was nothing left.

Pan felt nothing. Once he looked down to Rapunzel, he just pushed her off the side of the rock into the abyss below. He stood up and looked at Tinkerbell, and she just looked at him in shock.

"What?" He asked, but his voice wasn't the same. It was deep, demonic.

Tinkerbell just summoned a mirror and held it in front of his face.

His skin was dark, he no longer had a face. His eyes were bright and white, like flashlights.

He was a shadow. No longer even a boy, just a shadow of what he used to be.

"You're literally Peter's shadow self," Tinkerbell laughs, humorlessly.

He wondered how this was possible. But he didn't care. All he cared about was the rowdy pirates in the close distance.

Death was all he thought about anymore.

The day had come where he was unable to catch her.

And so his new life started.